1/0 ring terminals

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2312
does anyone have some left over, i only need like 4 i can even paypal you a little $$

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2173
Mat, if your line is pretinned go to autozone or such and get the solder on battery terminals. They are copper and come in 2ga BUT they fit 1/0ga like a charm. Crimp-ons are not all that great. Polo. :-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2321
hey polo, iv got a kinetik battery and the terminals arnt posts, they screw in so a ring terminal would be good, but i solder all of them so they get a good connection, but i dont really know the things your looking at do they work for terminals on the batt that screw in or just the posts

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2942
i have the same battery a hc600 and i have 0 gauge wire well wat i did is that i went to autozone and i got some 2 gauge terminal rings and fited in the 0 gaguge wire then i screw it and thats it :-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2330
how much are the terminals their i might just get some from knu, im getting the KLM cable and its oversized 1/0 so i dont know if it will fit

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2188
Mr.Rob, same thing I said, lol. They are great terminals to! Use a propane torch to heat the ring, be sure to have like 3/4" of insulation missing maybe a hair less. Use a pair of channel locs to hold the terminal over the fire. As it heat up take solder and start coating the inside of the terminal, you will see the whole thing coated then start filling the inside about 1/4 to 1/2 full of liquid solder, be careful this sh!t is hot!. One it sound like it is all crackling and boiling take the wire and put it inside the terminal while continually heating the terminal and pushing the wire even further. Continue to heat the terminal the insulation will start to mealt, turn the wire right side UP so the solder pours into the wire brades heat some more until solder starts to drip out of the insulation a bit. Once this happen use a sparay bottle with cool water and start spraying the hell out of it to stop the solder drip. Dio in a bucket of water to further quench. After done give the turminal a good twist to see if you can turn a 1/4 turn, if you can do it over, if not all is good.. Polo. :-)

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2340
ok thanks polo ill check out those terminals when i go out later.

the only thing i fear is that i wont be easily able to put the wire in the terminal. it is oversized 1/0. i may be able to get it to fit but not while being heated by a torch id have to twist it into the terminal with my figers. then just crimp it and solder the back wehre the terminal meets the wire and whever else i can, think that will be good enough?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2190
No, it is a tight fit but you can do it. the key is to test fit it before you heat it. Once you do one right you won't use anything else, especially those $10 gold plated junk they sell, lol. Polo.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2352
yeah i didnt make it to the auto part store today i ended up cleaning my MAF and IAC instead.

they method you described seems great but i dont know if it will work for me.

unless do you mean dont strip the plasic sleve off of the wire just let it melt off of it from the torch while you cram it into the terminal?

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1406
polo. i put the wire in the terminal and crimp it then solder it. i think that it is much easier. also using heatshrink makes it look better
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us