My TTB box design.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 571
just wanted to show off the box design i got from pete. its for 2 18" fi audio Qs tuned to low 30s. its 24 deep, subs up, port to passenger side, going in a grand cherokee ill start building it after christmas...

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7962
show off.

naw. jp. looks really nice man.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 328
that looks nice man...thats a really long port, what kind of benefit does that give you as opposed to a shorter one tuned to the same frequency?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10117
hmmmmm - veddy interesting ....

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 529
Yea I was thinking the same thing. And what kinda vehicle is that going in?

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2657
nice, does it cost anything to get a design of a box, im looking for a box design for the atlas's and TTB makes some of the best boxes ever.

Silver Member

Post Number: 575
the Qs are working better in slightly smaller boxes. this box takes up a total of about 10.5 cu ft. i think the port was going to take up some length either way. he assured me the woofers would be very musical though and i could still acheive incredible numbers if i was to ever compete.

Silver Member

Post Number: 576
Dustin, my box design was $30. I dont think the price varies much. Pete is one of the best.

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 141
Have you thought about what it is going to take to build that? It's going to be a VERY big pain in the a-ss. I hope you have excellent carpentry skills or the box is going to suck. I'm not saying its a bad design, just that it is needlessly complicated and if not built perfect, it will be $hit.

Trust me on this, because I have bought designs from pete before....I faired much better designing my own boxes using win ISD, than with his designs.

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 142
jesus...I just took a longer look at that box and realized that it will be RETARDEDLY hard to build!

BTW, your internal box volume before any displacements is only 8.397 cuft ...a little short of the 10.5 cuft you said.

Cuft courtesty of http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/boxcalculator.asp

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
sorry about your bad luck with building boxes. i dont get it, what looks so hard about it?

and btw, i didnt say ANYTHING about internal volume. 10.55 cu ft outside deminsions, courtisy of windows xp calculator...

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4529
yea, lol. i really dont see anything that would be very hard in that box.

Silver Member

Post Number: 579
yeah, this should be fairly simple compared to some bandpasses and horns i have built. its just a ported box, haha...

Silver Member

Post Number: 580
yeah, this should be fairly simple compared to some bandpasses and horns i have built. its just a slot ported box, haha...

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 143
I have had no bad luck with building boxes. My only mistake was, in my early inexperience, to purchase designs from pete. Tell me what you gain by taking the effort to do a box like that when a typical slot ported/bass reflex design can accomplish the same thing. I have indicated in the included picture "what looks so hard about it." All I have to say is why bother!

[URL=http://img138.imageshack.us/my.php?image=needlesslycomplicatedel3.jpg][IMG]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2794/needlesslycomplicatedel3.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

BTW, how are your carpentry skills?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4535
there is nothing hard about that far corner.

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 144
With an 8.397 internal box all you would need is a 3.5 x 24 x 18 inch slot port to give you a 32hz tuning(of course that is a tuning of 32hz with no displacements included yet).

If you are skilled enough to be building bandpasses and horns, then why are you spending money to purchase a slot port design?

It's not hard to design a slot port box, and there's no need for it to be as complicated as petes.

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 145
NEEDLESSLEY COMPLICATED

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 706
I agree that it is needlessly complicated but I'm not buiding it

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 146
haha....I am aware of that

Silver Member

Post Number: 581
dude, seriously... i like petes designs. i like the way boxes sound when i have built them with extra long ports. and again, you have misunderstood me. i am skilled enough to BUILD, not DESIGN. Pete, designed an awesome box, now im gonna build one...

/conversation

Silver Member

Martinez, Georgia USA

Post Number: 147
alright then buddy....rock on

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2922
how much did pete charged you for the design???

Silver Member

Post Number: 582

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2924
wow

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7976
that box looks like it will have awesome sq.

good luck with everythig. please post some progress pics.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2168
It is an SQ box not a SPL so the restriction of the longer port won't matter. Probably the reason for the complicated design is to ensure he gets to build it and someone else won't attempt it, lol. Polo. :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us