Clipped signal

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1163
is there anything that u can buy to tell u if u sendin your subs a clipped signal i like my raa-1000 it has a clip light on it

but if i get another amp whut am i gonna do i realy want a clip light in the cabin of my car

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3395
or u could just set it normal killer lol just match it to your hu preouts voltage

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 144
Well the best way u can tell when u send a clipping signal to ur subs is when they blow.LOL Listen to charlie killer.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2294
o-scope but i dont think thats what your looking for.

anyway iv heard on those amps you can just cut the light off extend the wirieng from the amp and you can mount the light on the dash

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2157
You know it is funny, because signal clipping can be present and have nothing to do with the gains! Too much input during recording, rerecording, modifying or mixing can result in clipped waveforms BEFORE it even gets to your HU. So to say that one gain setting will work for every setup is wrong, using a remote gain, clean music and a keen ear will help with this. Polo.. :-)

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4062
yes, I agree with POLO 100%, U can clip the music b4 u even burn the music.. lol it happens alot of times. Killer like I told you on the phone, listening is the best way to tell, but you have to have a keen ear like Polo said... You have to pay close attention to any changes in the SQ. Clipping could start from the cd, hu, eq, amp, etc...

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2158
Now if you want to learn how to properly set your gains Here ----> http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp This link will help you. Get a remote gain control and use it for different types/clarity of music. JMHO... Polo. :-)

PS-- WHATUP B ?

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 4064
what up POLO....
Hows that box coming along??

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2171
Piecing it baby! I am buying Terry's box next week for a testing platform for a sealed cabin idea, should be quite sweet. So what you fool @ss up to? Man I was at a club last night and bumped into an X that I dated for like 6 years and then that fricken Omarion song Ice box came one and she asked me to dance! Needless to say it was ALL OVER FROM THERE... :-O

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1170
LOL how cute POLO......yeah i dont know y ppl think its that easy to keep from sending a clipped signal......

an yeah i found the secret now.....just turn the remote down an when i dont notice a diff in the bass it prolly was clipping......

i would do that extend the light but i do have a 3 year warrant an id rather not oprn the case.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us