10 cvr box

Silver Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 750
so im gunna instal a system in my g/f's car for x-mas, i got a 10 cvr to give her (dvc 2ohm), and a PA 2 channel (180@4 ohms bridged), im buying her this deck http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10071534&catid=
(gettting a good deal from my buddy who works there, plus i brought her to look at them and she liked that one) so shes gunna get a 4awg wiring kit(incase she wants to upgrade (especially amp) but yeah im gunna build her a box jsut wondering what size and what i should tune it too, shes getting a grand am most likely so i got some trunk space to work with, but she doesnt want it to take up the whole trunk, which i doubt a single 10 will...thanks

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2635
.5-1.0cf sealed
1.0-1.5 tuned 35hz ported

you could go smaller just some ballpark figures.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 751
thanx alot dustin...so that should be good, she listens to alot of rap and classic rock(tragically hip)...

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 302
you could get a pioneer premier 780 and it would be alot better than that panasonic in my opinion but in this situation it should be about what she wants and it seems like thats what ur doing...which is good

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 752
yeah i was gunna get her this http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10071354&catid=
but she liked the panasonic cuz u can change the lighting to pink ( i know lol but i want her to like it) plus i got a panasonic deck, and i know there not the best but mines been pretty good to me...but yeah if it was me i would have got the pioneer aswell lol...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2642
for rap i'd go with a box a little bigger for low end exstension, but don't go to big cause the upper bass will sound muddy, i'd say 1.5 if you can fit it, but going smaller wouldn't hurt. FYI allways go with what the women wants if not no puetang for you !

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 753
lol i know dustin...if i make her happy, it will make me even happier in the long run lol...plus its her car so i figure she should decided some of her system

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 513
i had my cvrs in 2c box tuned to 35hz each chamber

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 754
yeah thats what im diong with my 2 cvr10's when i get my suv..but i figurd id keep it smaller to save her some trunk space...

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 64
i have my cvr 10 in a 1.75 cuft box tuned to 32hz. it gets low and louddd but takes up alot of trunk space in my little eclipse.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us