Username: Logan__tille

RE XXXYeah its 15 ...

Post Number: 3232
ive heard it sucks.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 399
i dont see how it would be in accurate to a point of a major difference?

i dont see how it can 'suck' its just an auto calculator

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 400
i dont see how it would be inaccurate to a point of a major difference?

i dont see how it can 'suck' its just an auto calculator

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 392
any other opinions?

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2146
from mr cab ...

"For shits and giggles I took a dual SE 12 ported spec's that I did with BBP6 and then input the same spec's into RE's calculator and it totally pooched the port tuning frequency.

The tuning frequency BBP6 vs RE's calculator is off by 5 hz using the same dimensions and port size spec's.

Christ, that calculator as bad as winISD"

"Each calculator is different - ergo - the pissing contests that ensue because of these difference's.

Everyone that uses an enclosure calculator different form another swears that their design is right.

That's why I don't bother anymore with such arguements because there is no widely accepted opinion among the car audio industry, companys, hobbists and so forth that their is one true " enclosure design/calculator program ".

Their are so damn many enclosure design programs and enclosure calculator's out there in use that no one can definitively say there design is the " right " design.

Personally speaking.... WINisd suck @ss because it doesn't account for alot of things required to properly calculate the enclosure's design parameters, but, alot of people use it and swear by it.

I use BBP 6, some use Termpro, subwoofer company's use LEAP ( because they can afford it ), there's WinSpeakerz ( I have this program, but haven't used it in years ), then there's all the online calculators.

Then there are those that think that enclosure design programs and calculators are waste of time altogether, these folks just build a box and hope it does what"

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2631
sorry for thread hi-jacking but is this box calculator accurate http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm its the one i use all the time.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us