Jensen VM9021TS install HELP!!!

Username: Smtaub

Post Number: 1
Hi I recently purchased a Jensen VM9021 and a (I know CHEAP) Pyle flip down monitor for the back. I have everything that is needed for my system (the xm module-not doing navigation though) so anyone out there know how hard it is to install these units? Including the flip down monitor? Do I drill right into my roof? I have a double layer roof (my sunroof pockets between the two) Where do I hide my wires going to the monitor? ANY help or suggestions would be great and would be worth nearly $400 to me (as that was what I was quoted for installation) Oh...I also want my steering wheel controls to be operable on the unit as well!
THANKS!!!
P.S.
anyone from the southern MN area that knows how to install stereos and wants to either do this install for cheaper than my quote or help me out...I will pay you for it!!!

Username: Snowboardbum

Post Number: 9
your flip down monitor should come with a mounting bracket. You could take off your dome light and then slip the mounting bracket through there. Before you do that tho, you have to cut a little hole in your roof where you want the dvd player. After the hole is cut, run the wires through the top to the dome light, and then take the wires and wire it to one of your pillars. You can just take the plastic cover off and then take the wire and pull it down. Now just run it to where you want it to go and plug it in. At least thats how I did mine.

Post Number: 2
No I do not have a dome light, there is a sunroof there, so no dome light. When you are saying "cut a hole in the roof where I want the DVD player to go" do you mean for the wires? The DVD player is in the dash...not sure I follow what you mean by that?! I do have access to the pocket area between the outside roof and the inside layer of metal thru the sunroof area, can I just mount the bracket there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
o nooooo. I thought you meant for the flip down. My bad. for the indash, thats pretty simple, just time consuming. Theres a couple of ways to where u can run the wire. But as for overall diffictulty its easy. Its just very time consuming by your self.

Post Number: 3
well you were half right...I still need to install the flip down but that's just a screen (no dvd) any tips on that???

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
hmm I'm not sure, you can definitely look at crutchfield.com, they have some videos of car audio/video installation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us