12" Kicker Comp VR or Infinity Kappa Perfect 10"

Username: Mgbcs

Post Number: 3
The title says it all. Assuming I can match the right amp to them, which is a better buy-2 Comps or 2 Perfects?

Thanks for the help!

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7894
the perfects would sound better but the cvr's would get louder.

just speaking from my experience. others might have a different point of view to this.

Post Number: 4
What kind of box would you recommend for each of them? I think I would prefer the SQ over louder.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7895
that infinity sub would work with a 1.2 sealed. my friend has it like that and the sq is amazing.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7896
oops. i didn't realize the infinity was a 10. i think a .8-1 cuft would work nice.

Post Number: 5
Would it be well worth the extra $30 each to get the 12"?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7897
i don't know. the 12 would get louder. why not man. get the 12.

Post Number: 6
OK...well that sounds like a plan then. I am on a tight budget for now, as I am in my freshman year of college. Are there any amps out there that would get me by until Summer for under $150?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7898
if you are on a budget, may i suggest you get one sub and one amp. it will still get louder and sound good.

if you must have 2 subs, then get a kicker kx750.1 on ebay. i believe you can get it for around 2 bills.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7899
you can buy 1 infinity and 1 kicker kx750.1 for now. if you get the dual 2ohm sub, you can wire it at 4ohm to that amp and it will only put out 375wrms. later when you save up a little more, you can get another infinity dual 2 ohm sub. then you can wire it series-parallel and get a 2 ohm load to that amp. at 2 ohm that amp does 750wrms.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7900
sorry thats kicker zx750.1 and they are little under 3 bills on ebay. very solid amps and well underrated.

Post Number: 7
OK...well the reason I am getting 2 is because it buy one get one free lol. So I am only paying $150 for 2 Perfects.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7901
nice. get the kicker amp. i know its a bit pricey but you won't regret it in the long run. why get something cheap now and upgrade later.

Post Number: 8
OK...I will try to get the money together for that. If I can't, am I in danger of damaging the subs putting an inferior amp to them? I am looking at this Lanzar amp that I know is not quality, but it claims 400 RMS to each channel and that would be perfect for the subs, provided those stats are correct. SO basically, is it just SQ I'll be losing, or are the subs in danger?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7902
not really. but if you get a cheap amp you will want to upgrade to a better one later. when you do you have just wasted your money on that cheap amp.

Post Number: 9
That's true...I will certainly purchase a good amp if I can get the money together. Thanks for all the help!

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2627
FYI if you need a cheap amp i'd look for a mtx 801d on ebay, pretty nice amps not as nice as the kicker but it costs a lot less.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us