Fiberglassing

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 711
ok so any1 have done fiberglass interior i no how 2 fiberglass an all but i might fiberglass all my interior panels an dash i no ur supose 2 use the matt or fleece but i was wonderin if i can just take the fiberglass resin an paint it on the dash/panels an wait till it dries then sand the resin down then bondo over that would that work save lil more time an money but would that work sum1 let me no

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1440
No, The cloth gives it strenght. If you just use resin, it will crack and break. Use old tee shirts or sheets as a backing.

Silver Member
Username: Scott_debaker

Pittsburgh, P.A. U.S.A.

Post Number: 712
o i was just wonderin cause dat would b cheaper an easier 2 do

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 174
Dear Judges:

This evening you will be judging my senior project presentation. I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Matt Drouin, and I have lived in Martinez for over 15 years. Next year I am going to attend the University of Tampa in Tampa Bay, Florida. I plan on completing a 5 year International business MBA program. Outside of school, I enjoy swimming, which I have been since I was 5, and working out.

For my senior project, I chose to research some of the different elements of a car audio system. My product is a subwoofer enclosure and subsequently, its installation along with the necessary equipment into my vehicle to produce a high output subwoofer system. I decided to work on this topic because car audio systems are an important part of people's lives whether the realize it or not. This project gave me the ability expand on my limited experience with audio systems. Listening to music, especially in my vehicle, has been something I have always enjoyed doing. With this project I was able to focus my interests into a subwoofer system.

I found the easiest task over the course of the project was motivating myself to work on my product, a subwoofer enclosure. No matter what, I was always enthusiastic about working on it. THE MOST DIFFICUKLT PART OF MY project proved to be mastering the power tools and honing the construction skills necessary to create a quality product. I enjoyed the entire process of completing my product. Overall, the most gratifying aspect of working on my product was the creativity and thought I was able to use when designing my enclosure.

My senior project experience has been much more valuable than I had expected it to be. Writing my research paper gave me practice for the many papers I am sure to be writing while in college. Working on my product allowed me to develop good woodworking skills that have many practical applications. Between the paper and the product, I have taken away the principles of patience, determination, and perseverance. I see these qualities as more than excelling at the senior project; rather I see them as the way to prosper at life.

I want to thank all of you for your time to help with the senior project program. Without the outstanding volunteer service by community members such as you, this opportunity would not be available to us. I hope you enjoy my presentation as much as I did preparing it. I look forward to meeting you.

Sincerely,

Silver Member
Username: Waterboy2289

Martinez, Georgia 2 18 SX w/ ...

Post Number: 175
disregard my previous post please....

i had to bring a document home from school but i had nothing to save it to and the bull$hit school computers wouldn't let me email so this was the only way
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us