WTF my system is weird has anyone had this problem??

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2050
Ok its weird because i know its not a loose wire but it seems like when it gets colder at night like really colder at like 11 PM my system sounds way cleaner and louder then earlier in the day. Like during the day i could put it to like volume 18 and then it distorts pretty fast and isnt that loud, then at night i cound turn it up to volume 23 and it soundes way cleaner and way louder it hurts your ears and doesnt distort.....WTF is up?? Has anyone had this problem, is it because my amp needs it to be really cool to run?? Please put input thanx.... :-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7885
i don't know about sound distorting during the day time for me but it does sound cleaner at night.

it also sounds alot cleaner after i smoke a bowl too. lol.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10107
this has nothing to do with ur case but just a observation i made

@ night there is far less activity/noise outdoors so ur music sounds alot better @ night - i have noticed this with my system & i live in the caribbean so temp doesnt vary much to affect anything .....
}

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9534
starting temp of your equipment.

:-)

Polo explained it really well once.
if your equipment starts off cool/cold, you can pump more watts into it with less distortion than you can if the equipment is closer to a temp that it would be at if you had played it for some time.
a speakers #1 enemy is heat build-up, and when it starts off warm, it is already losing the battle.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9535
which is why i never crank my system after my car has been sitting in the sun for a while. i also don't blast it with the windows down when it is hot outside, b/c the amps and speakers get hotter MUCH faster. running your system with the windows up and the a/c on will help you out.

every now and then though, i just gotta JAM. lololol

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 614
well with my system in the morning i have to keep the volume down to like 15-45 for like 20 min to let it warm up if i try to turn it up it skips like crazy. i hate that cause i just wanna wake up and bump lol

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2053
lol Chad maybe that might be my problem then cuz i blaze then bass it during work when i go on break for the last few days so maybe that affects it too. Whats weird though is that now that its getting colder, it isnt that warm so i dont see why a system should sound with so much difference. Maybe if i get another amp class d it will play better.

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois USA

Post Number: 180
sound travels through the air differently in warmer/colder air...don't know if this has anything to do with what you're experiencing...just thought i'd mention :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 36
The colder the temp., the closer together the air molecules are. So, if this is true, then it would make scene to say, the air would provide more resistance to the speaker, when the temperature is cold. This would allow you to push more wattage to the speaker before distorting in colder temperatures. But then again I could be wrong.

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 403
i dunno about ur observation, but i agree with rovin it is quieter @ night so it sounds louder...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us