DD's on the way, box tuning PLZ help

Bronze Member
Username: Chevyfan502

Post Number: 38
hey i ended up getting my ed nine.1 and have 2 DD2512a's on the way....i am probably going to make 2 boxes, since i am drivin a car for the winter i will build a slot ported box that i already have plans for(tuned to 38hz) but my other vehicle is a regular cab chevy truck which i dont have much room behind the seat...i think im goin to put the slot port in the middle of the top of the box....i am going to see if i can get a 4 cube box but i might be only able to make it 3.5 cubes....my problem is i dont kno how to make the slot port(i know around 15-16 inches per cubic foot of box space)so do i just try to get the calculations of that right and measure the width of the port and put that much of a gap between the bottom of the port wall to the bottom of the box?....another stupid question(ive never made a ported box just sealed so be easy on me lol)...the port does not count as part of the box volume right?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
15-16 square inches**

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3012
the port does count
just make this box:
http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/ported-box.asp?Ew=27&Eh=15&Dia=6&Xmax=18&Vd= .5&NumW=2&Vb=3&Fb=40&Qts=&Vas=&Fs=&CE=0
not sure if it fits ya car or if its DD's specs but this should work well

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
well dd says 1.7-2.5 cubes each...so at least 3.5 cubes......

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1025
Is it in a trunk or SUv? Id go wit like 35hz, but 38-40 wouldnt be bad.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
...regular cab chevy pickup is the one im askin about....the other box i already kno how to make is gonna be in a car

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
jeez no one got any suggestions? another thing, do i need 3/4 or 1 inch thick MDF (particle board) or would half inch be enough? also besides MDF what else would work good(just curious)

Bronze Member
Username: Blkwardog

Adel, Iowa Usa

Post Number: 84
sorry to sorta change topic here but do u kno the prices for dd's subs by chance? and how much did u pay for urs?

Bronze Member
Username: Derick06

Texas, Rio G... United States

Post Number: 42
have you checked the box that dd recommends for single cab chevy trucks?

http://www.ddaudio.com/dd/caraudio/enclosureInfo/chevyFullSizeStdCab.asp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
for the two 2512's $420.18 shipped ....and yes i have but theres no dimensions....i dont think anyways....and i wanna put the slot on the top of the box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us