Sub problem - help appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Omaha, Nebraska

Post Number: 50
I got an Ascendant Audio Arsenal 15" and I was messing with it the other day and it started making a buzzing/rattling noise whenever the cone moves but the subwoofer is still functional. Can anyone tell me what might have happened or what is wrong with it? thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Bsman

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 68
umm what were you doing with it? is it a scratching noise?

Silver Member
Username: Bump05

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 499
like when its not playing and u push on it? or when its playing?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1435
sounds like the coil rubbing. If you press on it, while its off, does it make a scrathing sound? And secondly, is it under warranty?

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 500
i had that problem when it was off i pushed on it and it made a scratchy noise but didnt affect the play what is that by the way?

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 69
something caught in the coil like metal shavings possibly?

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 71
woo haha post number 69 up there^^^:-)

Silver Member

We Stay Fly, 18 SX USA

Post Number: 501
hey that was my 500 ^^ anyways is that bad for the sub or what? what will happen

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1437
well, im sure its not good for the sub.
What were you doing to it to make it unhappy?

Bronze Member
Username: Kballa422

Lexington, KY USA

Post Number: 16
Take the sub out and inspect it. I had this problem, spyder had come unglued and the coil was rubbing/hitting. I used epoxy and made sure everything was aligned and glued the spyder back on, havent had a chance to test it to see if it helped, but maybe you have the same problem.

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 72
its not necessarily "bad" for the sub except for the fact that the life of it will decrease drastically and it causes some sound quality "problems". if its metal shavings in it it causes the power handling to drop for some reason too, i had a 12" infinity a while ago and it got some shavings in the coil, i could only put like 100 wats to it now mind u it was only a 200 rms sub. personally i wouldn't run a sub when it scratches like that but its personal choice i guess.

Bronze Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 67
lotus...where bouts in omaha do u live u dotn mind me askin, i live in council bluffs.

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Omaha, Nebraska

Post Number: 51
it makes a scratching noise when I push it in and when it's playing also, but it's a lot more audible when it's playing. And what I did to cause it was I switched the wiring from 2ohms to 8ohms to see the difference, but when I switched it to 8ohms it didn't play.. so when I switched it back it started making the noise.. And BIGGS I live in south O homie. The sub is virtually brand new and it under warranty from AA, I just got it last month.. I've been trying to contact them through e-mail but haven't got a response yet so I figured I'd ask around, thanks for the help yall any advice is appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 696
815-477-2423

Talk to chad and tell him whats up. He's a good guy and ask him about the warranty

Bronze Member

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 73
^^ sounds like your best bet

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2283
yeah call chad he usually picks up if not hell call you back, email they are slow with. but it sounds like your coil got misaligned or something

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2632
sounds like the coil is rubbing, which is not good eventually the sub will freeze up and you will have to get it reconed.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us