Box i built...pics...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 1018
Heres a box i built for behind the seat of my friends Dodge Ram. It's home to a 15" SSI. Don't remember exactly but it was somethin like 2.5cuft w/ about 42 sq.in. of port...tuned to 33hz.

The reason theres a piece of plywood screwed in the front is b/c it was like a 1/2" too shallow to fit the sub in, so I needed to double up the baffle, but didnt have any MDF left over, ill fix that later tho, and carpet it/clean it up a lil bit. Looks a lil rough right now, but it sounds good. The back piece is extended so that the amp can be mounted there.

Upload

Upload

Upload

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 473
Good Job! Creative. Is that the port in the back?

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1019
yea port comes out the side. thought bout doin flares comin out the side, but we dint wanna spend much time/money on it. hardest part was beveling the front edge so that the baffle laid flush when it was screwed in.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 474
how long did it take you to finish it?

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1020
not sure. we worked on it off and on for a couple days. I dont ever have much freetime, but i promised him when he bought my SSIs i'd make a box for him. This was a while back when i made, but i jus now got the pics on my cpu.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7803
nice. looks clean. good work man.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 12 Premier...

Post Number: 10094
u mean that whole side is a port !?

hmmm port looks kinda too big but i hope it works out well 4u......

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 374
i like the back plate being extended out for the amp to be mounted - simple idea thats perfect lol

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2116
only thing i don't like about it is the use of silicone to seal the box.. should ahve cut the correct angles and did a solid joint with woodglue.. but as long as the sub don't blow through i guess its fine :-)

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1882
42 sq. in. of port area? is that 21"tall x
2" wide??? lol

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1021
the silicone shows alot b/c I used alot of it and it squeezed out. theres no cracks in the box. It was hard to cut the angles just right b/c all i had was an old circular saw and a jigsaw so it was really hard to bevel.

The port is 1.5"x21", I thought it was 2" wide but i was wrong.

Once itscarpeted it wont matter that the silicone shows. only thing i forgot to do was paint inside the port.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2130
only flaw i see is the possibility of port noise.. none the less a good box :-) .. let us know how it sounds

Gold Member

Kentucky

Post Number: 1023
It sounds good. only problem we had was that the sub was smackin the back of the seat. But we put some foam between it and the seat and it sounds great. So far i had it hooked up to my 2500d at 2ohm and its plenty loud.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us