RE 6.5" Comps

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2091
Just wondering if anyone has heard the RE RE 6.5" comp sets?! I've been seeing them floating around for $140 and less... just wondering if they sound good or should I just stick to my a/d/s 346 I was looking at getting :-) ..

Would be nice to match my comps with subs but I'm not going to sacrifice good sound to match my system :-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2877
those compoents are super nice i heard them and i heard the cdt gold and they were pretty close except re it has better hi end and cdt bettermid end but the xxx those have same tweeters of the re and awesome midbass

Gold Member

Post Number: 2102
So.. would it be worth the money to spend lets say $50 more for some a/d/s 345 .. or find some cheap RE 6.5"s ?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2879
a/d/s will be ten times better the re aint that great ull be happier with the phoenix gold xenon i heard them and wow they surprice you even they cost around 100 bucks ull get ten times wat u paid for.if u have a dealer with phoenix gold go see them for yourself and ull see wat im talkin about :-)

but if ur only comapring those two a/d/s has my vote but cant match the xenon quiality and sound oh and by the way the cone of the xeon is superd along with the awesome tweeter and the motor with all the technology wow ull be better with the xenon check them out and ull see :-) or check phoenixgold.com ull see wat im talkin about :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2104
i've heard PG .. but for the price i could prolly find some diamond comps which sound better imo .. i'd still love to do the a/d/s

Gold Member

Post Number: 2880
i have diamond in my truck i luv the tweeters of the m3 but i got the d9 midbass :-) and to be hoenst the xenon are better than my diamond set up :-) im gettin a pair maybe two but i was thinkin of those a/d/s/ but im leaning towards the xenon :-) better sq for the money that i ever heard

Gold Member

Post Number: 2105
i never heard the d9 setup.. but i've heard the d6 comp set and hex comps.. they sounded damn good for the money you can pick them up for on ebay

Gold Member

Post Number: 2881
well i have the m3 tweets and crossovers and i have the d9 midbass i got them from my boss he received a package witout the tweets and crossovers so i got lucky :-) well the d9 cost around 600-700 bucks for the components and i got them for free :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2106
thats awesome :-) .. chad sent me some focal mids ima use for now.. just gonna take out the stock 6.5s in front and mount the focal 5.25 in there.. as well as peal-n-seal the door and make sure its completely sealed like a box.. kinda curious how much better they will sound over stock on the same power but with re-worked doors and the better mids themselves..

once i get a good component set for the front i'll put the focal 5.25 in the rear doors for rear fill

Gold Member

Post Number: 2882
that awesome too man

Gold Member

Post Number: 2108
yep yep! .. gonna put them in next weekend .. in the mean time ima try coming up with cash for comps but if those don't come before another SX 15" then ill be adding a second 35.1 and second SX 15 to my setup :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2883
u should be thinkin about a new alternator don ya think??? and maybe some 0 gauge form knunko concepts, and maybe a hc600 to filter you dc voltage and some extra guts to your set up :-)well hope u do good man i want to see better numbers and man u should give us a free copy of bass box dont be rude :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2109
My car has nothing but 1/0awg for power/grounds/big three :-) .. and yeah i need to get an alt soon.. especially running 3600rms lol..

better numbers eh? 150s around the corner ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2884
great man hope u can do mid 150's, well i want to built my box for my 6 12's cuz they still in their boxes but im too lazy man plus its freakin cold so its hard to work in the garage, so im gon try to omake it like when it gets alil hotter :-) well man like i said we need to see better numbers and yeah man sx rules forget about q to see if the q are better we need to see some numbers for the q's :-) well man hope u get the job done and get a alternator from iraggi try the amputator will get u alot of amps at idle and have 1 year waranty :-) im rrun close to 3k rms and i have alot of dimmin with big 3
and 2 batteries
so ull need at least a 240 amp alternator well man talk to you later have to work tomorrow at 9.30 am ( but shhh i dont sh1t at work juzz sit on the computer and chat on msn but dont tell anyone )

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2227
hey kevin, there are some xxx mids for sale on splbassx forums i think 120shipped for two of the midbass drivers. then you could pick up some vifa tweets and dayton xovers

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3660
lilrob post a link of the PG comps you have. I Might be interested

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2237
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=199098
re re's 100+ship

Gold Member

Post Number: 2110
i saw those couple days ago :-) .. thats why i was asking how they would compare .. XXX mids with dayton xovers and vifa tweets v.s. a/d/s 346 ...

I'm willing to spend a little more money for something that is going to be worth it. if the RE RE 6.5 is not going to be able to compare to the a/d/s i guess those are out of the question

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2261
yeah i dont really know i havnt heard them both so cant really say, with either choice i dont think youl be dissapointed though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us