Where can i get window tint

Bronze Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

C Bang, Hardcore Iowa USA

Post Number: 40
where can i get some dark window tint at an affordable price?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
anyone?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7822
you can order it online or buy it at any performance shop. Walmart has some to I believe. If you have never done it before I reccomend paying to have it done because by the time you are done it is going to look awfull, and you are going to go through enough rolls that you could have paid someone to do it in the first place. The places near me charge me $65 for the front two windows on my truck and my boy got his entire car done for $120.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7823
if you do end up trying it yourself make sure you get a good small squeege, and a bottle of non amonia glass cleaner. The key is to keep it very wet then use the squeege to work out all the liquid from the center out.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1297
get it done by a pro. ive heard it is hard to do if you dont know how to do it. just my opinion. costs me just about 200 for 5 windows

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 743
yeah I did it this past summer on my malibu and while the back windows were easy(easy as compared to the front windows and the back window) It was still a pain in the rear. You can buy it for like 35 bucks on ebay. then take it to someone to install for ya. or just get everything professional. its tough sh!t. dont underestimate the task at hand.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7828
unless you are very handy I wouldnt reccomend doing it.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 748
hell Im a crafty mother f&%^ker and I still dont reccomend it. unless you are crafty and have more patience than..........well anything. then go for it.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 462
Yea man, you have to be a real patient Mofo with a good eye! If not it'll cost you more money trying to fix it. It's probably easier to build a box than tint a window lol Not unless you're me! Sorry for the crappy pic, but here's one of my parents Expedition. I tinted just the back of three windows with 35%, NC limit! My dad didn't want anyone to see his sorry RF P2's! lol

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2092
I got some 5% tint from wal-mart and all the tools and cleaner for less than $20 .. but when I starting to tint the windows .. I gave up after the first one. I'd rather pay someone the money rather than get pissed and have to buy a new window after I break it ...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
so paying liek 60 bucks for precut tint isnt a good idea if i dotn have soemoen to install it?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7924
NO NO NO NO NO!!! have a pro do it.

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 464
Nah, it's not worth it. My uncles, own their own detailing company...(Shoutout to Harris Bros. Detailing...lol) and the tint windows also. So I get my tint pretty much for free. I mean, I just have to help them clean a car here or there, but basically for free. And I've f'd up A WHOLE LOT of windows before I actually got the hang of it, even now, I won't do my OWN ride because I'm scared of screwing something up. I did my mom's truck, because...hey it wasn't mine! lol But I would recommend you pay someone to do it profesionally! If you DO decide to do it make sure you get ALLLLL of the right tools, and make sure you have nothing but TIME, SPACE, and most important PATIENCE before you even start your first cut. And also, clean both sides of your window first! lol

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1729
One little tiny piece of lint or dirt under that piece of tint and that sucker will bubble and peel. Not worth the hassle.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2107
ditto.. not to mention if you get it done at a shop.. you can opt for warranty.. when i got my 77 plymouth done it was 120 with a lifetime warranty :-)
but most places only offer like a 3-5 year warranty

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
but the stuff im thinkin obut gettin is precut? is that any easier?

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7942
exactly Kevin:-) look for a good shop that will offer a lifetime warranty. My shop did, and its well worth it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
and do i have to take off the factory tint before applying the new tint??

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7943
factory is tinted glass, you can't remove it. Most factory glass is 17% so the best match is 20%. If you want to go darker then 20% you have to talk to the pro's they know how to match up 35% or 25% over factory to = limo and what not.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1730
^^^ What James??? I don't think I have ever seen 17% factory tint, thats dark. I know that was a typo.

Unless you mean it BLOCKS 17% of the light coming in so it is 83% tint, that would make sense.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
what would happen if i just put limo tint over the windows?

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 684
My jeep came with 35% in the rear and I got 5% put over that and then 35% put on in the front and I wanted it to match after a while so I put 5% on the front too (by myself) and it turned out lookin good. So I have 5 over 35 all around and it's dark as Sh!t.

Just go to autozone or advanced auto or napa.... pick it up there man. and no, pre-cut isnt worth it. cut it on your own

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 189
im with andrew.. my its not hard lmao.. i got some tint from advanced auto parts.. 5 percent on my rear and back window.. just need time and patience.. make sure that u clean both sides of window really good and watter em down.. not as hard a peeps are saying.

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 190
and ur gonna need the kit to.. that has special squegee lint free towel razor video and bottle.. helps a lot

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
alright...so it is alright to put the tint over the already tinted windows? or should i take it off?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us