Blowin up somr R's

Silver Member
Username: Hockeyknight

Post Number: 468
this weekends gunna be off the heeezeeee ha me and a buddy are gunna blow up some old type r's and make a vid.......this is my first time so ill take any tips...were just gunna plug it into a wall socket but im lookin fer some crazy ideas to have a lil more fun with it...let me know what u got on ur mind????

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10704
how much power u got??

Silver Member

Post Number: 469
if i wait my buds got like 1500rms on the way but thats why we r just gunna plug it into a wall socket

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10706
if ur gonna make a vid...do more then just a wall socket...thats boring....u got to make it suffer...

Silver Member

Post Number: 470
well ok heres what im thinking.......i got this old sealed box that we are gunna cut a huge port into it so it will just bottom out like mad and then the reason why i said blowing UP instead of just blowing them is cuz were gunna put some gas and prolly some gunpowder in and on the sub and box....i figure when the coil goes up in flames we should have a fireworks show on our hands........got any better ideas..idk about the box and stuff so let me know

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 738
are the type rs still functional??? what size are they and if they are the 12's and in decent shape I might buy one from ya???

Silver Member

Post Number: 471
there the old 300 rms D4 vc 12" one is blown and the other is fine but the dust cap is loose so it rattles a tad

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 739
damn........alright thanks anyways yeah blow em up good!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 472
the first 1 we are blowing dosnt even have the dust cap on anymore so i think im gunna plug the vc with a can of butain or sumthin

Silver Member

Post Number: 473
bump.. im goin to bed..leave me some ideas...i honestly dont care how stupid or crazy it is we are prolly dumb enough to do it ha but we wanna make the best sub exploding vid in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD so we would appreciate you (the viewers of oru soon to be amazing vid) to give us some suggestions of what you wanna see...like i said we will do pretty much anything as long as it dosnt leave a crater more than 10ft wide in his backyard...its stupid but his parents might get a lil angry ha ...well ill check back lata THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1724
Put something relatively heavy one the cone, like a brick maybe, then give it the 1500 watts and a 10hz tone or something and see what it does.

Silver Member

Post Number: 474
done.......

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7787
thtats a good idea Isaac:-) II would be careful with the butane and explosives buddy. How cool would you feel going into the ER and explaining that one to the ER doc.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2086
if you wanted to mess with fire you could pour butane on the cone and light it on fire.. then play a 10hz tone

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7756
yeah don't play with fire. james knows what he is talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 661
I like Kevins Idea haha

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 346
you play with fire and you get BURNED!

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7799
I have seen it all way to many times:-(

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7800
some kid's in my district were playing with black powder from there fathers musket loader and one kid blew off three of his fingers and half of his right ear with 3rd degree burns over 30% of his face. He lost all hearing in his right ear. That is nothing to mess with especialy under circumstances that can't be controlled.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2567
black powder, LOL what a dumbazz, just make some napalm, LOL its gooey enough that it should stick to the cone even when its playing a 10hz tone.

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
we got a nice long cord so when we plug it into the socket we will be far enough away that we will be fine plus i just talked to my neighbor who got his pyrotechnics licens or whatever it is last summer and he said hed help us out but he cant give us anything cuz thats illeagal or sumthin so...dont worry about safety we will be fine

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1735
That one vid where they fill the cone with water then fire it up was kinda cool. Neat visual. Not destructive but something you could try before you go 5150 on it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 476
ya iv seen that 1 it was pretty cool ill try it...any thing else????????

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1415
Put it in a 5 gallon bucket of water and play it.I wouldnt suggest using a wall socket for that one thou. Just hook it up to a big battery.

Silver Member

Post Number: 477
idk if i got a 5 gallon bucket but ill see what i can do....

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7813
good luck with that!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1418
Super glue the cones together and play em both at the same time. Like sub 1's cone glued to sub 2's cone.

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
what should i do for the box??? iv got an old shatty one that i could rip apart if i want sooo any suggestions there??

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7821
that would be sweet:-) do that and then wire them out of phase from eachother so when one pushes the other pulls:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 479
how would u do that on a wall socket? it sounds like it would be sweet

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1420
very, very carefully. I would even use a GFI type plug, or a pwer strip with a curcuit breaker.

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2120
...waiting for vids :-)

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 280
when are the vids expected to be uploaded?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1421
****DISCLAIMER********
Info provided was for entertainment purposes ONLY.
Wiring consumer electronics to household current may cause injury or property damage. Consult a qualified electrician for further hazards.

Silver Member

Post Number: 481
hahaha sorry guys no vids yet i just got everything ready today so i need to let some stuff dry and hopefully tomarro we will see them in action

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 289
it is 2 days later.....nothing?

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1427
Not related to mick are you?

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
HELL NO fer one the subs im blowing are from my old system and two that guys a complete dicck but that is funny cuz i am from MN but heres the status on the destruction.....i glued the subs together on sat. and on yesterdat i checked it out and the glue didnt work so i went to the hardwear store and i picked up some contact cement so they should be stuck pretty good now......heres the problem with the vids right now..i play highschool hockey and we practice every day untill 5 and by then its already dark so the weekends are the only time we can do it and to make things even worse we gotta go way up north on friday and we dont get back till about 2 am on sunday morning sooooooo if everything turns out we will have some good destruction on sunday......sorry to make you guys wait..ill put up some pics of the subs glued together asap if i can find my digital camera but untill then just stay calm untill sunday

Gold Member

Post Number: 2144
it would have been easier just to clamp the subs together IMO .. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1856
Line up the holes and use small nuts and bolts???

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
nice idea thats way easier!!!

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 564
any vids yet?

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 335
very good question...i had already forgot about it

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 188
cmon man i thought they were gonna happen this weekend!

Silver Member

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 344
well my friend has the dual bandpass 12" box but one sub blew and theres only one sub in the box so its got too much room and he's got a hifonics zx1000 amp you think that dual would last long enough to take a beating worth video taping?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us