Jeep Grand Cherokee help

Username: Wolverines

Post Number: 3
If I were to replace the four door speakers, can i add an extra amp without interfering with the power given to the dash tweeters by not using the factory amp? Any suggestions I would greately appreciate.

Bronze Member
Username: Cviper650

Virginia USA

Post Number: 14
If your Jeep is wired anything like my Ram is, the speakers in the doors are powered through the same amp as the dash speakers. With that said though, you can put in an aftermarket amp for the speakers in the doors, you would just have to run individual wires for the speakers instead of using the factory wiring. Also you need to "match" the output level of the aftermarket amp so that you don't drown out your dash speakers.

Chris

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1373
no you won't be able to do much with it. The factory tweets on the dash play a wide range which no other tweeter will and the door speakers play midbass only. Basically the door speakers play up to 200hz and the speaker on the dash plays 200hz and up. if you decide to change out the speaker you'll need to use HU power which means its best to either change out HU or add an external amp, and if you want to use a different amp w/o replacing the HU you'll want a 4ch where you can change which the HPF and LPF filter settings are to match up to what the speakers can handle. After doing alot of systems in Jeeps at my old shop, its best to change HU and replace speakers and not use the dash speakers. Or if you have the money change the HU, add an amp and get components for the doors.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us