SQL setup

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 368
Hey I'm looking for opinions on the SQL setup I'm putting together... so far I have....

Sub - 15" Mag D2 (on the way)
Sub amp - Memphis MCD1000

Now, my question is about components and component amping...
First, I'm thinking of putting a set of AA 6.5" poly's in my front doors. I have the seperate midbass and tweeters in my car so I would need some recommendations on some good tweeters that can keep up with the bass and mids around $50.
Second, I'm looking for an amp to put on the 6.5"s and the tweets. I don't know whether I should get a 4 channel or a 2 channel amp for the front components.
Another question is, should I get rid of my rear fill and use my 6x9's like a port for the bass to get directly into the cabin? Will I notice that they are not there? If you think I should keep them, what are some good components to put back there? I guess I'd need an amp for all of those speakers at that point though.
Also, Edead vs. Dynamat Xtreme?
Any respectable input is highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2852
to be cool man the memphis is good but the thd ratings are a bit high i recomend you to get one with a lower thd if u want more sq while soundin good :-)

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 369
Thanks for the input man, but I love Memphis... I'm honestly keeping this amp as long as it lives lol.

Thanks,
Andrew

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 5779
If you don't have any rear passengers that often, get rid of the useless 6x9 and use the hole as the "sub" port.
For your components, use 2 channel amp like PPI/Xtant/Zapco/JL. If they're out of your price range, then try others. For SQL, don't go cheap.
Edead/Dynamat doesn't really matter, if installed properly they both work.

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 370
I have to go to work now, but I will check up on this when I get home tonight, keep the input coming guys!!!

Thanks,
Andrew

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 459
Hey Andrew I have that exact amp. How is it? Of course I've never had it play so is it under/over rated or what?

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3637
if the THD is lower than 1% he's fine
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us