Help with my batt!

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 483
ok the other day i wired another battery in my trunk. well i was driving today and my car like shut off the like back on. it did it a few times and when it did it it turned the check engine light on and the cruse light on. well i took it home and unhooked the second batt. and it hasnt done it again so i think it was the problem. now when i wired it from 1 batt to 2 batts i unhooked the + wire from my amp and put it and another wire in a batt. terminal and i put a ground from the car to a batt. terminal and hooked the extra wire from the + terminal back to the amp. and that worked. its like having + from the 1st batt to the + on the second batt and then from the 2nd batt to the amp. and like having the 1st and the 2nd batt grounded to the chassis. is this right? its in parallel so it should b but i think this is my problem. maybe 2 batts r too much for the computer? idk. what if i instead of the + on the 1st batt to the 2nd +. what if i do alt. to the 2nd batts +? if u need me to explain it differently ill try lol thanx a lot

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 486
bump
<--- check it out :-)

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 487
didnt bump!!!

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 488
ooo come on guys!!!!! anybody!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2061
are they the same batteries? idk .. sounds strange to me.. i run two yellowtops wired in parallel and never had any problems..

i have them wired into a distro block.. but that seems to be the only difference than your setup and i don't see a problem

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 489
not the exact same batteries no but it shouldnt make a diff.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2063
idk.. my knowledge on batteries is minimal.. i've been told not to run different batteries without an isolator.. but i've also been told all kinds of junk that was wrong

so hopefully someone here will know.. i'm really confused

Silver Member

RE SX, USA, Il

Post Number: 490
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us