4 crossfire 6x9's 4ways
1 320watt crossfire amp

boston acoustic door speakers
22 boston & power acoustic tweeters
1 jl 350/4

8 pioneer marine speakers
sony 800 watt xplod

15 farad alumnapro cap

2 yellow top optimas (1 under hood, 1 behind seat)
1 rep top optima

1 pioneer in dash (flip out..touch screen) head unit

just thought id add some of my stuff n get an opinion...lemme know what you think, any suggestions, criticism, props, whatever, i appreciate it, enjoy

Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 101
i like your system man, nice SQL setup

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 3026
I love the way thoes W7s look. Thoes ports seem kinda small...but how does it sound?

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 353
How loud is that thing manG?

Username: Xsniperking2003x

Post Number: 4
i think it could be louder, my orion 2500d comes in on friday, or so says ups, so im hoping itll be better then, and i wana build a higher tuned box, becuz sql is rediculous and spl isint to bad, but it could be better wit these two subs, ya know? im worried the box isisnt

1. big enuff
2. tuned high enough

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 291
looks like a wiring nightmare...but i like the subs and nice diamond amp

Post Number: 5
as for loudness, uhm i never metered it but the doors, windows and roof are flexing like crazy lol

Post Number: 6
nightmare isint even doing it justice, its a 10minute process to figure out whether a 2 gauge under the carpet is ground or power, and ouch, that fu*ker was definetly power

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2820
damn best set up i ever seen jl audio mixed with sony bump for this luxurious system

J/K

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4447
to many speakers i think. toy dont need 12 tweeters in that car, or a 15 farad, cap. + two yellows and 1 red-top, do you have a HO alt?

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 355
I honestly if anything with those JL's, I'd tune them lower if I messed with them at all... Possibly 32hz. A local kid here has 1 13w7 on a jl 1000/1 tuned to 32hz, that thing got low and nasty. Also, are you running all of that off of your stock alternator? Any electrical problems? J/W, how old are you? lol

Thanks,
Andrew

Bronze Member
Username: Bryan333

Post Number: 34
lol 4 amps

Post Number: 7
well its in there honestly cuz i got it at a deal

i have 22 tweeters, 18 of which i got for free from a friend

as for the cap, it was bought with the 2 w7s and the amp, so i figured why not, lets hook it up

and the h.o. alt? i wish...

Post Number: 8
im 19, and yep stock alternator, its holding in there so far, volts stay at about 13.5 or so even wen its turned all the way up, ill try and make a video later tonight or something if u want

Gold Member

Post Number: 2821
22 boston AND power acoustik tweeters, AND marine speakers haha nad i bet u still have voltage drops man look show u wire your batery but it looks cool

Post Number: 9
voltage drops are maybe to 12, thats the worst ive seen

Silver Member

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 357
Thats pretty sick for a 19 year old. I hope to have something like that when I'm 19 lol. Thats pretty tight that's all running off the stock alt. Definatly do a video, make it like 10 minutes lol, not like the 45 second ones everyone else does.

Thanks,
Andrew

Gold Member

Post Number: 2823
well try to get a better battery terminal and tigh your connection better, and if u can upgrade your wire make the cable as short as posiblem, and your cap place it next to the most power full amp u have, and make sure the wire between your cap and amp is not mroe than 6 inches. also dont mix soft and hard tweeters expect soft fron and hard in the original rear speaker door opening so u can barely hear them,

replace all your 6x9 to 6.5 they will get you better midrange since the design of the oval make it god for low end but not that good ofr mid end, try to buy some cdt components for your front and back doors that only two comps ull need u willnot need 22 tweeters and 6 6x9'.

do the big 3 on your alternator or run a postive wire from your alternator to you positive battery and put a cable on the ground of your alternator housein to the chassis if ur using the chassis for your ground on your amps or run to the negative batterie if u have extra run for negative on your amps.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1561
calm down on the tweets man. i bet they are just ripping your ears apart. i like the W7s and the box seems like it would sound pretty good.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2194
personally just take out half of the crap.

not to come off harsh or anyhting but all of those tweets and speakers and whatnot are runing your imaging.

keep the subs, take out the extra speakers and tweets also id take off that cap too.

then it will probly sound a lot more realistic

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 645
Yea its pretty sick... Just take out the marine speakers... the explod amp and stick to like 2 or 4 tweeters... and you have a perfect setup... otherwise is just looks like you dont know what your doing ya know? (obviously you do) but ya know what I'm saying... Props by the way... i would really like a W7

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 2054
for the money spent on the h/u and subs.. seemed you skipped on good components.. theres no way you have crossovers for all the tweeters for one.. not to mention your going to be seeing an ackward ohm load..

I'd spend the money on a great front stage.. and a little rear fill and sell the rest..

basically.. sell every component you have including the 6x9s :-)

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2125
Where is the relay for the CAP? You have to have it or it will drain your battery FAST! Also what frequency do you have the 6x9's and how much overlap with the subs? The reason why I m asking is if the 6x9's are sharing any part of the subwoofers frequency you may be experiencing some cancellation. try running your subs without the 6x9's to see if they get louder, if they do then reverse the wires either in the subs or the 6x9's. Polo. :-)

Post Number: 10
the front is the top of the line boston acoutic component set, but i just added those power acoustic tweeters and crossfire 6x9's becuz those subs like seriously drown out every bit of highs

and with this at least it sounds (to me) a bit more even, idk wtf ima do wen i put the 2500 on there

i dont get any bass out of the 6x9's if thats what ur talking about polo, i think it is...

as for crossovers, the front component set has them, then i just ran all the rest of the tweeters from there, pretty much all my highs except the 6x9's are run on the JL 350/4

also i would like a bit more midrange, not sure what will get it though, maybe some of those 8" speakers?

p.s. ill do the video tommorow after work and then again this weekend after the 2500 is hooked up, wut can i do to get good quality video, becuz its gunna sound like a bunch of bull on regular cameras right? lemme know if u want pictures of anything else

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1416
i like it, looks like you were going for a loud all around system and im guessing you got it, how much oyu want for that 300/4

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9405
i bet it is loud.....but does it sound good?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7723
nice system. give those subs more power and it should give you the loudness you are looking for.

also get rid of the yellow and put a kinetik battery back there. you really don't need that cap with better batteries.

also what size alt do you have? that orion 2500 will drop your voltage like crazy unless you have some charging or a couple of more batteries back there.

remember, the orion 2500d is 2500wrms when its 13.8v.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
i think 130-140 amp tops and i already had 2 crossfire vr1000d's pulling about that much, but it didnt get loud because the amps didnt push 1000watts @ 1ohm so idk

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2126
Here is the wiring diagram> http://www.alumapro.com/docs/cap15wiring.pdf

Trust me when I say you need it, I have one sitting on my work bench(CAP 15) because I don't want to complicate my wiring with two relays so I got a regular cap. I will sell it if you know anyone who wants it, Polo..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
holy crao i didnt know about all that, wtf is a relay for anyway

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
holy crap i didnt know about all that, wtf is a relay for anyway

Gold Member

Post Number: 2839
DONT use that.juzz wire all parralel, that relay is juzz like a insulator and are BAD they cause voltage drops iraggi and excessive dont recomend them. DONT USE THEM

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2128
You can't use a carbon cap without it! There is no internal shutoff so it can and will kill his battery. Polo.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2129
From what I have heard it draws a continuous amount of amperage, pretty significant at that so with the vehicle off it will draw it from the battery. The 5W resister is what cushions (charges) the cap before the relay kicks over. the main relay is for isolation only, the little one is just a ignition trigger.Polo..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2843
well if u have to use that well dont use it thats wat causes the voltage drops so u should get a kinetik hc600 its a regular small batterie but with charge and discharge of a cap ihave one and its cool but i stil lhave dimming :-(

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 354
ports fire directly into ur back door?

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2133
Did you know a standard battery will produce more power, faster due to the lower internal resistance. A yellow is purposely made with a higher internal resistance to control the flow of current. By itself, the yellow will last longer because it discharges slowly BUT it also limits the amount of current going to your system. Do yourself a favor and ditch that yellow top. I would love to hear Metallica's One on your system, that has got to be vocally loud! Polo.. :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
yea the whole box is less than 6 inches from the back door, for some reason its loudest this way, ive tried facing them up, towards the driver, but rear firing is the best

Silver Member
Username: Aman2005

Patiala, Punjab India

Post Number: 353
hey what r yello n red optimas

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1399
Add more 6x9s to balance out the tweets
Thats my thoughts.

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 356
..good god WHYYYY

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
the orion 2500d, is that gunna blow my w7's cuz right now im worried there underpowered, and now idk if thats to much power sine

JL says approx. 1000 watts rms

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1877
no it wont be too much, its prolly just right
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us