Question about my rear speakers

Bronze Member
Username: Bryan333

Post Number: 31
I have 6.5" polk speakers in the back, and I am curious, how much bass should I have pushing through them? I have a bass equalizer on my deck wich allows me to put the bass from -6 (which makes it so theres minimal bass from the rear speakers, and mostly all of it from the subs)to 0 (pushes alot of bass out of the back speakers when the volume is on 20. When I put the volume on 25 with bass on -6 it sounds the same cuz the subs are pumping harder) all the way to +6 which sounds shitty cuz everythings distorted. What should I have it set too? I dont want to blow my back speakers that is why I am asking.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1147
what kind of HU you got. i know on mine i can set it so my speakers play jus the mids and highs while my sub play all the real bass.

but if yours doesent do that i mean as long as you dont play the speakers while there so much bass coming out of them its sounds all distorted you should be good. i would keep it below 0. i keep all my trem/bass/mid at 0. for the most part its all however you like the way it sounds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
Well I cant control mid on mine, I can control treble (which is on 0) and bass. When I have the bass below 0 I can turn the volume up louder and it would sound the same as if the bass were on 0 because the subs are playing the bass instead of the rear speakers evening it out. Also, with some songs when the bass is on 0, I cant hear parts of the beat. All I can hea r are the vocals and bass

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
bump

Username: Zdubb

Post Number: 5
Hey bryan, not sure if you've already done this but you might just wanna play with your stereo. I'd turn your subs off first. The best thing to do might be to crank it to the highest volume you ever listen at, and start at +6 and then lower the bass till theres no distortion, and leave it there. Maybe even one notch down to be safe.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
Yeah, i've tried it. I might just get a whole new deck with new speakers controls

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1422
Are your rear speakers amped?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
no, theyre not

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1428
Get a small amp on em. Something around 50-70 watts and it will liven them right up. If you get one with built in LP/HP settings you will have more control over the bass output.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us