Sine-wave test CD amp gain?

Bronze Member
Username: Efjohnny

Post Number: 12
Hello,
I have a JL audio 300/4 amp and wanted to adjust the amps front and rear gain by using a sine-wave test tone CD and multimeter. Where do most people buy the sine-wave test CD at?

Can it be downloaded online? I checked online, but wasn't sure what I needed. Some are sold on ebay also, again not sure which CD I actually need.

I am running a pair of eclipse 6 1/2 speakers on the front channels. And the rear channels are bridged to a JL audio 10 inch sub.

From the JL audio website its states the following, "CD with a sine-wave test tone recorded at 0dB reference level in the frequency range to be amplified (ex.50Hz for a subwoofer amplifier, 1 Khz for a midrange application). Do not use atenuated test tones (-10dB, -20dB, etc.)"

I am not sure when adjusting the gain what dB the cd should be? I have the volts that the multimeter should show when the gain is properly adjusted, but not sure what CD to get when adjusting the gain on the front and rear channels. Forgive me form my lack of terminology.

Thank you

Bronze Member
Username: Efjohnny

Post Number: 13
The edit function is not working right now, but the last paragraph dosen't make sense. I have not checked the volts yet with a multimeter. I was trying to say that I know what the measurement of voltage should be for the front and rear channels. I just don't know how to adjust the gain for the front speakers and rear sub using a test tone cd.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us