Slot or not?

Gold Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1045
whats the difference? if its a slot port or a circular? flared? whats the best for spl?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4425
i guess aeros are, they are the round ports with flared ends. slot port is just a regular square port

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1696
From my knowledge of it they are all relatively the same. The flared ports are supposed to reduce port noise. I have a slot port and I don't have any port noise at all, so it is all preference I think.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 991
For SPL most ppl just use a big slot port or square port. but like Isaac said its all preference, ive never had any problems with slot ports either.

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1049
i have only tried slot port with no prblem but i keep hearin about these aeros and i was wonderin if it makes it louder? better sq?

Silver Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Chicago, Illinois U.S.A

Post Number: 810
The advantage to aeros is that it is very easy to add port length when it is needed.To adjust port length on a slot ported box it requires much more work.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 10058
a main convenience of pipe/aeros over slot is that the box is smaller & u can adjust the tuning by removing the pipes & sticking it back but a slot is a permanent box which u cant adjust ......

Gold Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 1055
ok now it all makes sense thank guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us