Perfect box for 12 inch cvr

Username: 40hz

Post Number: 1
Im upgrading from my 10 in L5 to 2 12 inch vcr.I need help designing the best box for these.Ive built many boxes in the past,but my time is limited now w/ a family so i need it to sound right the 1st time.the manual calls for 2.25cubes with 37 inches of port 20 inches long.I want it loud and to hit low.The box they call for seems too small.what is this tuned to.if it were sealed they say 4.6 cubes.I want the slot ported box,I would like some opinions from people that have these. O i got a kicker kx600.1.... 2 ohm stable,the subs are dual 2 ohm voice coil. thanks for the help.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4370
i would go 2.0 (after displacment) cubes per sub tuned to 32-34 hz :-)

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4371
they are not a big sub, so you dont need alot to get em going. if you wanted common chamber, do around 4.2 cubes around 32-34 also

Username: 40hz

Post Number: 2
thanks for the help,but how do i determine the tuning.like i said they call for a slot port 3x12.5x 20.5 long i dont know what that is tuned to.that is in a 2.25 cft plus the port.3x12.5x20.5 long per sub i think its about 38hz.how do i get down to 34hz,i know to lengthen the port but how much.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1845
i think common chamber sucks! also u should tuned them to like 30 - 32hz. it sounds like shiz at all other tunings. haha

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3312
check your email, sent you a private message.

Gold Member

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4382
common chamber and dual doesnt really make a huge diff in my diff boxes that i have done. maybe a lil better sq wit the dual, not much tho

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3327
this came from a box manufacture who builds for kicker subs along with others

the correct box is really big and weighs 75 lbs. It is 5.62 cubic ft. , divided chambers and tuned at 40 Hz.
Most people are looking at the F3 when coming up with their info. The F3 is 3 db down from max power / max volume which is also considered the "normal listening" level. The KPVR12DC we build is tuned at 42 Hz Fb ( full power / full volume ) and 31 Hz F3 ( 1/2 power / 1/2 volume ).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us