JL Audio W1 12"

Bronze Member
Username: Ndjumpman23mj

Post Number: 34
how are these woofers? how loud would 2 of them get? 4 of them?

any input is appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Scottyb

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 18
I had a JL 12w0 in my old mustang. It was probably my fav sub that i have had. two of them put out real clean, and you dont need a big amp to push them. four would bump pretty good. what are you putting it in?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
4 of them in a 2000 toyota avalon

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7683
they are decent entry level subs. I would do cerwin vega v-max's over the w1's all day long.

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 19
do you already have these subs or are you just thinking about them?

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 2972
I wouldnt get them. Why not 2 nice 12s or 1 15?

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3313
I would get the memphis prs or m class before the w1

Gold Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 1563
i've listened to a few setups using the W1's, including some with JL Amps. Was not inpressed at all, not even for it being entry level. Much better buys out there. Keeep lookin'.

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 21
JL makes a good product, but more or less your just really paying for the name. I do agree that there are better subs for the money. Instead of going with 4 subs with that same money you could do 2 with the same power. I like mmats. they have some nice stuff. www.mmatsproaudio.com go check out there stuff.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7658
those jl subs are very nice. they get decent loud while sounding real clean. you might want to consider getting a single jl 12w6v2 setup though.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca

Post Number: 563
Nick you might consider w3 or w6. What's your budget do you have an amp already?

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 145
I agree that there are better buys out there but JL is great in quality and sound quality. If you want to go JL thand go with JL. It is your car and your setup. I would also agree to the W6 or W3 because of smaller enclosure if you are still wanting to run multiple subs. Would like to add that if you don't plan on HO alt and upgrading electrical system you might want to stay with the W1 because a big amp that draws alot of current would not be needed to properly power the W1's. I have heard a Honda Civic hatchback with three W1, not sure of amp (think it was JL amp but not slash series), and it sounded great. Not the best SPL setup but had wonderful sound quality and lots of bass. JL subs are great for trucks and hatchbacks with subs inside of car with you because they are such good SQ subs. They are quite pricy but can be worth the money with the correct settup and vehicle. In short, its your choice and I would take everyones advice into account before make your final decision.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
thanks alot everyone i will take all of your advise into consideration

i was also thinking about uprgrading to (4) w3's but its a little more expensive and im not sure if i would be able to get it the power it needs

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9339
W6 FTW.....:-)

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1130
12w6v2

hell with 4 subs just get one they w6 will out play the w1's all day long
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums