What should I get, last piece's to me audio system

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1206
So I think most of you know what my new system consists of. Although, I'm confused and ret@rded when it comes to EQ's. I know what they do and such but can someone enlighten me on what extra can you do to get the most bass and best sq out of your system. Bass referring to my subs and sq referring to my components. I hear about the Epicenter....ok and then EQ's...?? So what else is there? I'm looking to spend around 300-500 for these components. May raise my budget if need be. But mainly I would like to know what else is there. Epicenter, equalizer, and?? Thanks. Remember I'm ret@rded when it comes to this part of the system.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7589
Audio control DQL-8 FTW:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7612
james has a good suggestion.

i am using audiocontrol eqx and i like it.

go to www.audiocontrol.com and download some manuals of the eqs. read through it and decide which will suit your install. everybody has different ways of how they want their install and audiocontrol has many equipment that will work for you.

to me epicenter is a must. you might not think so.

the epicenter is a must for me cause i don't always listen to rap. with rap you got bass no matter what but there are some normal songs which i feel that bass is missing unless i have the epicenter.

just my .75cents.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7594
just my .75Cents? lolol:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1239
I'm going to go look at their website but I'm still confused on what to get :-(. I mean, how many types of different processors do they have! Epicenter is a must though.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3315
the three.1 from audiocontrol

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7724
berny.....when i set the eq this is how i do it. rather than turning up the frequencies i need, i turn down the ones i don't. it just sounds alot smoother for me like that.

of course you still need to turn up certain frequencies but i never turn them up past 3db.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1236
Good advice Chad. (cutting Vs raising)

EQ-ing should not fluctuate more than two dBs between lowest to highest IMO.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7759
thanks mix.

i need to buy a rta though. i want it to be perfect.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1238
I ve never been a fan of electronic tuning. I believe tuning should be done with physical/mechanical sources first, then proceed if necessary with electronic adjustments.

I used to mix at church, and I never was a fan of "feedback reducers" to cut out feedback caused by the mics being too close to the stage monitors. I always opted to move or position the monitors far away enough to where feedback didnt exist, therefore I did not need the feedback reducer electronic equipment.

BTW a feedback reducer is a fancy word for a really deep EQ. It allows you to cut 15-30 dBs at 1/8th of an octave. This way you can cut out the feedback frequencies (which changes due to the length that the mic is from the speaker)and still have somewhat of a sound left.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7793
nice. is that how you came up with that name "mixneffect"? cause you like to mix?

you are right about your ear being better than any electronic equipment cause everybody has a different translation of sound. never thought about it in that perspective.

i like to keep my eq curve as flat as possible. since my comps up front are bi ampped, so i have control over the tweets and the mids separately. i adjust the sensitivy to get me the right sound to my ears and then i adjust the eq slightly. flat curves always seems to make the speakers sound more full and exact.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1241
Yes, mix + effect = min'n'effect, :-)

mix is the total sound plus the added effect of echo, lol

Some people think I m a rapper, ha ha

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7820
lol. i thought you were a dj when i first saw your name.

Gold Member

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1242
Nah, more like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audio_engineering

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7827
thats awesome.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »