WTF???

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10597
http://cgi.ebay.com/MEMPHIS-AUDIO-AND-CRITICAL-MASS-AUDIO-UL12-SUB_W0QQitemZ1600 58986493QQihZ006QQcategoryZ18797QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Item number: 160058986493

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1594
Has to be a misprint, ya think?

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 405
Nah, it sounds like the owner of those companies, and they sound pissed off that their stuff is being sold on the net!

Silver Member

Post Number: 406
That has to be a misprint!!

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1102
10 million dollars.

i think the was just trying to say not to by stuff off the internet because you get no warrenty. but not only that, i think he is also trying to say that its not right to buy off the internet because then all these small dealers that really sell great stuff and do awsome installs are stuggleing to stay open because they loose so much business due to people seeing it on ebay and buying it there. i mean if there was no internet and ebay everyone would just go to there local dealer wich in a way is how stuff should be. but since people can save a few bucks off the internet they choose to buy there. i mean if you save a few bucks here or there, great for you but think about it evertime you walk into your local shop down the road and have a convosation with the owner and walk out thinking wow hes a nice guy. all your doing buying stuff from ebay and not him is running his business into the ground and making some huge online store that buys in huge quantities thrive.

i guess thats just my opinion, although it is a nice thing to think about before you go buying stuff off the internet.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413
Thats what i think myself!

Bronze Member
Username: Gh0st_31

Brooksville, FL USA

Post Number: 47
i 2nd that

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10599
^^^Well get into another business....

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 7565
well walmart kind of does the same thing just not over the internet.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7566
bump

Bronze Member
Username: Gh0st_31

Brooksville, FL USA

Post Number: 49
I just agreed that thats what he meant. I try to save a buck everywhere I can because we only have bb/cc and one RIPOFF shop. So I dont feel bad about ebaying it.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7567
yeah unfortunatly thats what it is coming down to today. The internet is thriving and someone will always do a better deal then someone else. It sucks for the little man but there is really nothing you can do about it. Also like I was saying with walmart buying up everything(even decent name brands now) and selling such bulk there is no way any mom and pop's store can touch them.

Silver Member
Username: Dmm2005

DD Audio ORION, Warren Count... USA

Post Number: 289
thats capatolism though...people will go where they can spend the least amount of money and whoever can sell it at that price will get the customer..if small shops could match the prices that are offered on ebay to the comsumers they would come to the shop, but that would really cut their profits...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1109
my uncle has a shop, and i mean he has pleny of business to stay open but in the end he really does loose business do to ebay. it just pisses him off when people come in and talk for an hour acting like there gonna buy somthing when there intention is just to get some knowledge out of the guy because when they say there gonna be back the next day they dont show and just buy off the internet.

it is indeed true while the little guy gets shot down the big guy thrives and just keeps getting bigger but the little keeps getting smaller till hes no more.

to bad really, thats why for the most part i dont buy stereo stuff off the internet and because its my uncles shop but thats besides the point. its just what this world is about theres always gonna be somwere to buy from thats cheaper and now thats the internet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1110
it would cut there profits so much that they wouldent be able to stay open. these big companies that sell sh*t really cheap are only say well idk mabe 2 bucks a speaker we will say but they sell so many so fast that they truly are making a good profit. ya the small store could sell stuff really cheap but the would never get enough people to buy there stuff to make a profit because lets face they wont come up on google when it comes down to shopping on the internet ebay is.

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7568
exactly

Silver Member

Post Number: 422
Well I solved the mystery of the 10,000,000.00 subs!! I just emailed him and ask, and this is what he said,"lol its an advertisement for my store in charlottesville. i sell critical mass and memphis audio and also arc audio the price is so nobody will bid unless there crazy thanks for looking ....tim 434 566-1645 audiotek

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7636
smart guy

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 395
That's common sense if you ask me! Just read the advertisement and you'll clearly read:

"THESE ITEMS ARE ONLY AVAILABLE THREW MY RETAIL STORE IN CHARLOTTESVILLE VA"

Even though he spelled THROUGH wrong, I totally get what he is implying! I think it's still kinda dumb that he would pay for an "auction" when it's really only a ad. Whatever floats his boat though!

Gold Member

Ct

Post Number: 7642
yeah but all it takes is him to sell one a week from that add and his profit margin is in the posative:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
If you run something on ebay and it doesn't sell,do you still have to pay a % of the item or a nominal fee?

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 111
You get charged a small fee when you list an item, then if it sells you get charged another fee based on how much it sold for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us