Avantguard4 doesn't disarm after remote start

Username: The_max

Post Number: 1
Hi guys,

It's a really weird one but after I perform a remote start on the car, only on rare occasions am I able to disarm the system whilst the car is still running. When I am able to disarm it, I find that I need to press the 1st/main button on the master remote for about 3 seconds before it actually disarms and unlocks the vehicle.

Otherwise, it just refuses me entry! In which case, I then unlock the car with my key, trigger the alarm as a result and then just disarm with my remote accordingly. Otherwise, if I don't use the remote start feature at all, the arm/disarm works instantly.

The Avantguard4 and Intellistart4 modules are located far away from any sources of electrical interference and the antenna is very well placed otherwise it wouldn't work even when I haven't performed a remote start.

Any ideas as to what is causing this problem? I'm going to whip out my old Cliffnet Wizard Pro v1.3 software and see what I can find in the Starter menu. The only thing I've noticed is the AutoStart Interval which is set to 30 secs at the moment. I'm not sure what that function is though considering there's nothing in the help file (and I've checked on my desktop with v2.0 as well).

If there's something I'm missing in all this or if there's a known issue with this model alarm, I'm all ears.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us