New ALT and Battery Installed Today! *pics*

Silver Member
Username: Devastation101

Audioque SD2.5-ville, HENDERSON, NC US of A

Post Number: 373
I got my Optima Redtop and "Mr. Altenator" 200 amp altenator put in today. Sorry about the crappy pics. I got two Red tops, one under the hood and the other I'm going to have in the back with my amp. Just sucks that I'm still ampless, so I didn't put 2nd Red top in tonight!

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 387
When you use a Red top in the back, does that mean you don't have to use a cap?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1835
why not yellow top? the yellow top beats the red top in just about every spec there is on a battery.

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 473
how much did u pay for a red top? and where did u get it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
See, I didn't pay for the Red Tops...as a matter of fact I can get them free. My fiances dad is the Senior Tech at his job and some of the machines use Red tops to work. Anyway, he just brings them home and charges them up. He gave me two, one brand new and the other barely used but used.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
But Steven, are the Red Tops bad?

Silver Member
Username: Oglejust

15in re sx, Il Us

Post Number: 474
dude!! u could sent me bout 3 of em!

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Hey, I will give you a 100.00 for 2 of them!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
I will trade you a new Kenwood KAC-9152D FOR 2 NEW RED TOPS!!!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
I'll give you 1 for one hudnred!

Silver Member

Post Number: 379
I'm willing to trade for them. Honestly, it'll be hard to get them brand new, I lucked up and got that one new, he said that someone hid it in a closet. They didn't have any use for it at the time, so he brought it for me. But he can get you some good used ones. But I'll try to see if he can get some new ones.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
OK, let me know, that amp is only 2mos old! I give 179+29.99 shipping!

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Hey Rob, you got a bigger amp to trade for?

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 327
I can get red tops for 110 and yelllow tops for 120 new

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
Upload

This is the amp!

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
No that Kenwood is the only one I have to get rid of now, but I run across them constantly, what are you looking for??

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
Avalanche18, what would you charge to get me 2 yellow tops, are they new?

Silver Member

Post Number: 382
Hey Rob, I need something that's going to do 1000w continuous at 1 ohm! Guranteed 1000w. I'm pushing 2 15" Audioque SD2.5s

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1837
the red tops are still really good batteries. the yellow are just like 20 bucks more..

how much would u sell a red top shipped for? they are like 165 new at the store.

Silver Member
Username: Teddy21

Ann Arbor, MI USA

Post Number: 282
they are 2 totally different batteries....

the yellow one is a deep cell battery which can be drained to nothing without hurting it and it is also a gel cell which makes it more durable and can take more bumping around in the car.

and the red one is a car battery which is used for starting purposes, it does not hold as much as charge as the yellow top and is not a "gel cell".

sorry i used to work at sears auto center...

Silver Member

Post Number: 404
Hey, don't be sorry, thats usefull info!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 328
rob i will charge you 250 plus shipping i gotta make 10 bucks atleast for gas and the hassle lol

Silver Member
Username: Jblanford

Post Number: 122
trell ive got the nine.1... you willing to trade for some redtops ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 329
oh and rob yes they are new 250 for both and 3 year warranty! same 3 year warranty for red tops as well

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2752
hey i have a red top 1000 amps battery barely used i can take pics if u want is beacuse i juzz got my kinetiks and im replacing my red top i can sell it for 100 plus shippin

Bronze Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 81
hey u goin to do the big 3?

Silver Member

Post Number: 411
AVALANCHE18,
What size are they do you know right off?Also, wonder how much shipping would be? TENNESSEE 37766

Silver Member

Post Number: 412
YEP! I am going to try! What is the big 3 exactly

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1441
Red Tops are NOT deep cycle. Yellow Tops are.

Red Tops provide much more current at start up, (CCA) then yellow tops, but do not have as many amp hours, and if you drop them below 12.6 volts, it's going to damage the battery, and it will never quite reach 100% again.

Yellow tops can be discharged (not 100%, mind you...this will still damage the battery) a lot more times, than a red top. Granted - it still has a set number of times it can do this - but it's a LOT more than a non-deep cycle battery.

I destroyed a red top optima in about a month. (Even with a HO alt, city traffic driving where my alternator remains at idle, dropped the voltage frequently pulling over 3k rms)

Yellow tops - even though they have lower CCA, provide MORE than enough to start a car/truck with no problem whatsoever.

More than one red top wired in para, mind you, wont really help with the fact that they're still not deep cycle.. just provide more amp hours, before backup before it reached a point to where the batteries would be damaged.

However.

Yellow tops, wired in para, not only increases the amp hours, but then, (in the rare circumstance...which I cant think of) if one wasnt enough to start your vehicle, the CCA also goes up when you wire them like this, so two optima's have every advantage over two red tops, for sure, too. (Personally, I'd even take a single yellow over two red)

Seth

Gold Member

Post Number: 1442
Big three are...

1. Alternator pos, to battery pos
2. Battery neg to Chassis
3. Engine to Chassis

However - I find the Huge Two (tm!) more effective.

1. Alternator pos to battery pos.
2. Alternator to Battery neg.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1444
Keep in mind... heh heh...the huge two, only applies, of course, if you're running a dedicated ground wire back to your amplifiers, etc.

Silver Member
Username: Zoomiebird

Gville, FL

Post Number: 129
hey avalanche where do you live? if you are close to florida or between florida and NC i would like to drop by to pick up a yellow.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1220
Trell, whats the status on your amp? Most likely I'm trying to get equipment to repair amps and such so hit me up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
Hey Berny, I'm still AMPLESS! It's just sitting in my Expo in the backseat so that whenever I look in my Rear View, it's a friendly reminder never to buy anything like that from ebay! lol J/K But Yea Berny, let me know once you got it down packed! As far as the Red Tops, I can't Brand New ones, but barely used ones. That's just about it!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1226
sure thing. First I'm going to try to fix my own two MTX amps I blew like a few years back. If that goes well ship your amp, let me take a look at it, and if I can get it to work again, I'll charge you just for the components and to ship it back. If I can't fix it, I'll ship it back to you for free.

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
Thanks, I wish you would have done this like let's say last week! lol That comp I was supposed to be in is Dec. 17th, don't think I'll be making it now. Do you know how stressful and frustrating it is to be riding around with this in the trunk:

Upload
Upload
Upload

I haven't even heard them fired yet! I'm getting real impatient, I was honestly almost tempted to buy this Sony Amp for 30 dollars from this Crackhead! But I'm trying to wait it out.

Silver Member

Post Number: 338
ty i live on the other side of the usa lol in AZ. Rob ill get that info for you in a couple hours

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 130
hey dude where is henderson? i am gonna be travlin thru NC on the 11th or 12th to visit my parents in danbury (stokes county, above winston salem). i will have to take my subs out for the trip since a lot of stuff will need to com with me. i have a jbl bp1200.1 that does 1200rms at 2ohms, we could hook it up for a bit just to hear it. let me know. ill be coming up 95 to 26 to 77 to 85 then thru to home.

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 131
lol well i guess that rules a visit out heh?

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
Ah man, I live like an 1 hour and 45 minutes away from Winston. I wish you were coming through like the 9th or 10th because I'll be in Winston Salem then! My High school football team is playing there for the state championship so i was going to go this upcoming weekend! Henderson though is right up under the Va Line, you have to come straight up 85!

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 132
wtf is the comp you were going to? i might be able to meet you there on the day. are you already wired? if so we could pop her in for the day (with conditions of course).

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
The comp is in Roanoke Rapids, that's like 3 hours from Winston... too much of a drive. It's no biggie man, I appreciate your willingness to help though. Yea, everything is wired though!

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 133
i have some friends in hillsborough that need some help getting a car started. i was gonna drop by their place sometime before the 20th. i might be able to work something out to get farther east.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
Sounds good, just let me know. Hillsborough is like 40 minutes away from me. I'm pretty close to Durham.

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 134
if you think my amp would push your system enough to make it worth it, i would be willing to make the trip for a red top. i need a new main battery for my engine. we could meet at your place (henderson is less than an hour from hills), install, then head over to rapids. watcha think?

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
sounds good. So a red top=1200.1? Is that a trade?

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 135
hey move this to email <nitaimcleod@gmail.com>

Silver Member

Gville, FL

Post Number: 136
NM the email... weren't you taught not to dream toooooo big? i will take the JBL home after the comp. i love that amp and have big plans for it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
lol I gotcha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us