Dual Amp Kit Trouble

Username: Jeld135

Post Number: 1
I am installing 2 Apline amps and 2 Alpine subwoofers in my 94' explorer. I bought the Rockford Fosgate dual amp kit but I am having trouble. It came with a lot of wires, some of them i know what they are for and some I don't. I have figured out all of the wires except a 3ft. 4 gauge black wire and a 6ft. 8 gauge black wire. I know they are both ground wires but i don't know where they connect. The 4 gauge wire seems to big to connect to either of the amps. The kit also came with a 4 way ground distribution box which i have no idea what it is for. If anyone has any idea of how to wire the kit, it would be a huge help.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 634
just find a good place with bare metal in your vehicle and attach the grounds there. I assume the smaller wire (8 ga) goes from the amps to the distribution bloc and the bigger wire (4 ga) goes from the dist. block to your grounding point. Most people say ground all amps in separate places (which means you wont need the dist block). Think that should do it

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 2
Thanks Andrew,
I still don't understand why the kit included a 4 way ground distribution box when there would only be 2 wires going into it(one from each amp). Is there something else i have to ground or are the other spots in the dist. box just extra? Also, on the end of the 4 gauge ground wire is a ring and they also gave me another 4 gauge ring loose. I know that the one already attached to the wire is where it is screwed into the chassis but does anyone know what the other one is for? It is the same color as the 4 gauge power cable but I could not think of anywhere to put it on that.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 643
Crimp on the end of your power wire and put on your battery terminal under the hood. thats what it sounds like to me man

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 3
The power cable already has one that goes to the battery terminal. I don't just want to leave this ring out because they put it in the kit for a reason. Any others ideas would be helpful.

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4353
if ur talkin bout the ring terminal that they give you, it doesnt matter. you dont HAVE to use the one in the box, they just gave it to you for some back-up.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 514
yeah, you dont have to use everything in the package, i wouldnt use the ground distro block either, i would ground each amp to bare metal...

Danvers, MA

Post Number: 4
Thanks a lot everyone. I think I'm ready to install.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us