Connecting 2 Speakers into a Bridge help ASAP

Username: Motox2399

Post Number: 4
I've got a Hifonics Zues 2 Channel 400W Amplifier acually puts out 400w. I want to know a proper way to connect two 2006 Kicker Comp subwoofers in bridge mode. I've done it but I'm not sure if it's the proper way. And don't want to risk killing the amp. They just don't sound good when there hooked up into the two channels. Each channel puts out 200 Watts but they just are not sounding great. I've adjusted and tuned everything and it still it's just not the same with the 400W going to both. With the 400 going to both the bass is very crisp and clean. But seperatly it sounds like they don't have High intense hertz. And the low seems bland. Help me out? It would be great to draw a diagram! Thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3305
if those are single 4 ohm, that amp us not stable at a 2 ohm load.

Post Number: 6
That would probably explain why the amp will shut off at certain high volume bass hit? I guess protection mode sets in. Is there anything I can do? I just wasted $150 On this amplifier!? It's not one of the newer models. Probably the 2002 Model it was cleaned out of Hifonics warehouse brand new. On the box it says this Min. Impedance Bridged: 4 ohms So that changes when I hook up Two 4 ohm subs? If there's nothing I can do I'm not going to be a happy camper.. GREAT RESPONSE though good lord that was fast. Help still needed!

Bronze Member
Username: Imalik

Jackson, New Jersey Ocean

Post Number: 39
If you are going to look for a Amp to run your subs, you should look for a D class amp they have more wiring options ... 1 ohm 2 ohm 4 ohm.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3307
use a 2 ohm stable amp like the zx 400 from kicker

Post Number: 7
Not the response I was looking for.. I'm going to hook it back up in bridge mode and really don't care if it blows up or not. Don't see how it RMS's 400W and it's not a Class D. I hope the thing burns up.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3308
well, you were told it is not stable at 2ohms, so run it at 2 ohms, it will continue to cut on and off, then eventually burn up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us