Got a 91' honda accord what should i put in it

Username: Scottyb

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 2
I have a 91' honda accord. I thought about alot of different options. I thought about two 12's one really nice 12. Or maybe even a 15. I can get a kicker solo x for $300 brand new i thought about one 10 or a 12 do you guys think thats to much.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 962
depends on how loud you wanna be, and what your wantin it to sound like.

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 5
i like it loud usually. most of the time im in the mood to thump. but i like it clean. I work at circuit city in car audio. I can get really good deals on kicker. but there are so many subs out there that i like i cant decide.

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 964
hmm....solo x wont sound "clean" since its a SPL sub. how much wantin to spend, and how much power u gunna run?

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 6
well heres the thing. I can get the kicker 1000 for about 200. i can get the new comp vx 12 for 100 or i can do the vx15 for about 120. thats with a box. I can get the kicker 750 to push my stuff for real cheap. i might just go with that. ill probably sell what i have, and just go buy that. i just get really good deals on it. what'd you think.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2588
if you like kicker and can get them that cheap get 2 12" cvx and a pair of 750.1's or a 1500.1. should get plenty loud.

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 7
so you think that i should get the 1500.1 amp, and 2 cvx 12's. what size cap should i use. cause my alt doesn't hold a huge amount of power. Or will I be straight with that. Kickers are pretty good. I know that they are not the best. But for what I can get it at. I think that ill probably go with them. The only other option that I could go with is my boy can get me juggernaut or earthquake at wholesell. I thought about those too.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2589
don't get a cap. get a ho alt. if stuck on those brands i'd get the one you can afford to get and properly power. those cvx's will get loud though. but you will need a ho alt.. stock alt. on those are small, i have a 92 accord and the stock alt. was only 80a.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 10035
i'd get a single 15" Jugg powered with a matts or kicker amp .........

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 8
I've already hooked up two ininity 12's dvc. they are as loud though. I was just looking for a lil more not competition. If go with the cxv, or juggernauts, and I change my alt. what would be the amp on the alt that i would need.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 2590
depends on the power you'll be running but definately get the biggest you can get.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2560
i posted this in your other thread
if you can get mmats cheap i'd get either dual 12 dreadnauts, or a single 15 juggernaut, the dreads will have better sq and since theres 2 it will be close spl wise to the jugg, have a 1200wrms amp and have a nice day.

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 9
thanks man. my buddy keeps telling me that i need to go with the mmats. I like them I dont know if i have the cash though. I do like kicker, but they are not my fav. I would like something else. I like the idea of one 15 though. I might go that route. sweet. thank guys for the imput.

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2561
make sure to upgrade the alt, if its only 80a theres no way your gonna be able to put a 1200+amp on it, i'd definatly look into upgrading. to atleast 150a.

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 10
the other question i have is say i do one 15. should i go ported or sealed. I dont want to take up my whole trunk. i can give up half but not the whole thing. also i dont know about tuning. how is that done with what i want to achive the best sound.

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2564
i'd go ported, most ppl tune around 35hz for best overall sql. i was also thinking that if you want a smaller system maybe a single 15 dreadnaut with 1000wrms would be better since they require a smaller box than the jug.

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3588
talk to iraggi for an alt, he sells good alts for imported cars.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1209
The best thing to put in a 91 honda accord is to save your cash, especially in this slow economy and when you gots about 7 grand, get a better car. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9272
sounds good to me.^^^^

but if you cant do that.

MMATS > Kicker

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 11
well my 91 is in awesome condition. It just got hit in the front. the whole front end is being replaced. $2000 worth of damages. The field inspector told me that mine was probably one of the cleanest hes ever seen the interior is flawless. Its all stock. I paid $1000 for it. I would like to keep it, cuase its a good car. I do detailing so I keep that car shine'n. yeah I would go as high up as getting a juggernuat sereies i would go a line or two lower.

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 12
I just talked to my boy and he said that all i need to do is give him so money and he'll hook me up with the mmats. He can get me the 1 15" dreadnuat or the 2 12's in a box. between the two in my car Im kinda leaning toward the 15". what do you guys think

Silver Member
Username: Mvplefty12

Pinellas, FLA America

Post Number: 327
yo, scotty b, what CC you work at? I'm residing in Tarpon.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1972
check the termpro.com classifieds.. I swear I saw some 15" Juggernauts for $250 .. :-)

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 13
i got hired as a seasonal at tyrone cc. its pretty cool. learning alot. I had some knowledge about car audio but have learned alot more.

Bronze Member

Largo, Fl

Post Number: 14
thanks everyone for the imput. I looked at mmats web site and i was looking at the p3 series. I like those. i think the dreadnuats might be to much for my honda. the p3's are like 700 rms which is perfect. i might go two 12 p3.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us