Deck Powered Car Stereo System

Username: Stangjason

Post Number: 1
Ok I own a 97 Civic LX that I have bought a Kenwood X590 and powered Bazooka EL8A (I know it's not going to blow my doors out but its enough for me). Also I received some Kenwood 1660s free with the HU.

My delima is that I want some speakers that will sound good (a bit better than the factor unit which sounded pretty good to me) ran off of this Kenwood HU.

My front speaker locations hold 6.5" and I believe around a 2" depth and my back speakers hold 6X9s and can be modified for 6" I believe. I'm also looking to spend no more than $200 for both sets of speakers...Also I have about $40 off of any set of speakers with a 12% discount at Best Buy so suggestions from there are a plus.

Thanks,
Jason

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 333
Responded to your other post before I read this one. You'll get plenty of opinions around here, but the best thing you can do is get out and listen to as many speakers as you can since speaker choice tends to be all about what sounds best to you. I'm sure you'll also have plenty of people suggest you look into installing some component speakers in the front (which isn't a bad idea, but may be above your budget or install threshold). To answer only your question, if it were up to me, I'd look into any of these for the front and these for the back. Again though, that's just me and I'm sure you'll get plenty of other input.

Post Number: 4
I'd love to go with components in the front and I know where I can get some Infinity Reference components for just over $100 but I figure I won't have enough power to make them sound any better than those you've shown me.

Post Number: 5
Oh I also responded to your other post about some JBLs that I'm interested in...I've had good luck with them in the past in another car but I don't know about these latest models.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1092
you could just forget about the rear speakers since you have the bazooka thing or you could get some mid bass woofers for the back instead of coaxials.

http://www.wickedcases.com/caraudio/rearfill.html

read

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 335
I know JBL makes some decent studio monitor speakers but I've never had any experiance with their car audio products. What model JBLs are they? I'm sure they're similar in specs regardless so, like I said before, it'll come down to what sounds best to you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us