Scott - Fi Audio please read

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1915
You make a very good line of woofers and through time they have been proven themselves. Not only are they great but for the money you can't go wrong. Like I said though, you make good subwoofers, no mids. I'd like to make a suggestion to perhaps add a line of components. Budget components that sound good are hard to come by and with the Q being a hit with its sound quality I have no doubt that you could make a component set to match. It would be really interesting to see what could be turned out.

So I vote for components :-) .. one person trying to make a difference :-)

On another note, hows the progress on the 8" been? Have not left us with and update since it was brought up :-)

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 140
i agree i would like to see some Fi components. Ill be buying my Q15 soon and would be interested in some components.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 10029
how about some killer amps while ur @ it ,Scot .....

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7533
yes me to on the components and amps.

if you can make some high end components too that would be good.

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 61
Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have drivers designed and prototyped for an X and Q series component set (6.5" set only). These are somewhat on the back burner as we have a few other things in the works that we have been pushing to get done. Not too mention that I do lots of home audio consulting work and that takes up a fair amount of time and energy as well...

Id figure that sometime mid 07 Ill have the components out. Im waiting on cones for the 8" drivers to come in and Ill get rolling on those. Maybe right after the first of the year for the X8s.
Amps... never. We have a VERY strong affiliation with Kicker for amplifiers and couldnt be happier in using them for all of our demo vehicles and bassrace competitors :-) While they might not be the least expensive amps going, they are one of the most solidly designed.
I simply dont like dealing with other OEM manufacturers for amps. They like to make "equivalent" changes to things that are unbeknownst to you until the container is on the high seas... then you are stuck with a bunch of crap. We also try and do as much work in house as we can and are adding new processes all the time. Until I buy my own pick and place board and start making my own amps, Fi amps wont happen (and Ill get a pick and place third Tuesday from never) There are already many good amps out there getting cheaper all the time, so Ill simply stick to what I know best... speakers.

Bronze Member
Username: Denim

Www.TeamSSAudio.com, MD

Post Number: 33
Well if a few Fi subs are picked and placed on my door step I would be very happy.

Silver Member
Username: Tremor1127

Post Number: 507
ill be getting 2 18" Qs within the month i think, i know they will rock... cant wait for the components, my doors house 6.5s so i would be in luck...

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 633
Tremor, What kind of ride you putting the 2 18's in?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2091
yeah i told bassmonkey to suggest some components. glad to hear they are somewhat in the works. we want SQ!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1918
Ditto.. my car run two seperate pairs for 6.5 components :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
John Q., my 1998 jeep grand cherokee...

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
im just counting the days for christmas bonus and income tax...

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 65
Tremor1127... walled up in there? Oh, and youll be in luck. I have a Grand Cherokee as well and if they wont fit in the doors of all my cars, I wont make them ;)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1928
Hahaha! That just made my day..

Bronze Member
Username: Shawn_fleming

Gainesville, Florida

Post Number: 52
pick and place. HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3938
An 8" would be great...I would love to compete in super portwars w/ an Fi X8. I have a pair of RE re8's, but i really want something that can handle alil more power and give me alil more displacment.

Scott...as soon as you get some 8's ready, I would love to be first in line to grab one!

I'm gonna hit you with an email about this latter.

Silver Member
Username: Phuktupbasshead

Phoenix, Arizona United State...

Post Number: 609
Take a look at the "fi sub names" thread 1 more time for me, Scott.
please.
lol

thanks.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us