QTC

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 868
What does it mean, im working on a sealed box in BBP6 and my qtc right now for 1 15" Q sealed is 1.481. does this affect the sq at all. Box is 2.5cuft net

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9254
.707 is the most desirable QTC. however, i am told it only happens on paper.it is the most balanced.

it has excellent transient response, but is not so dampened that the sub has no "punch"

1.4 is very punchy and might even have a slight "ring" to it.

Bronze Member
Username: Fi_car_audio

Hades, NV

Post Number: 62
1.4 is too high. Muddy is right with his "ring" characterization. It will have little bottom end and be very punchy with lots of ring ping sound to it.
Qtc of .71 is desireable for SQ applications, but most people tend to like a slightly higher qtc for most car applications... kids like punchy. I often tend to like the bloat of a lower than .71 qtc but I always have a very strong midbass to bring in the punch and balance the system out.
Im thinking you might have specs for the Q typed in wrong as in both of the progrmas I use Im getting a qtc of .84 for 2.5 cuft sealed. Which is plenty good. You can also simulate a box that is about 15% larger (and the assoicated lowering of the qtc) by stuffing it with polyfill (max is 1lb per cuft of enclosure as fluffy, loose, and uniform as possible).

Thanks...
Scott

Silver Member
Username: Mr_kebo

Albertville, Al USA

Post Number: 870
ok knowing that the 2.5 will work makes me feel better lol. i will double check the specs for the sub that i typed in.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9257
:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us