I have a question

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2711
well i juzz received my 50 feet of 0 gauge cable and i juzz redid my big tree and i made two runs one for pos and one for neg, do i leave it like that or should i make two runs of positive and put the negative on the chassis??? aight people thanks

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1361
Check out a grounding spot with a DMM. If you have a clean path, I would use chassis. Then check the 0/1 with the DDM. See which is better. Setting the DMM to read ohms, and obtaining the lowest reading possible is the best, wether wire or chassis. Im sure ppl will have feelings both ways. But if your Bat - to chassis is tight, and amp to chassis is tight, go with it.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1362
http://www.proav.de/index.html?http&&&www.proav.de/data/wire-resistance.html

Gold Member

Post Number: 2720
wow thanks man but i dont get the link too confusing but thanks man

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2085
running a negitive run is probly a better ground then grounding to chasis. i remember B saying something like that. thats what he did in his lesaber

Gold Member

Post Number: 2725
well man i juz aded a kinetik hc600 and i still have dimming, bad luck uh??

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2108
what is your entire electical set up lil rob and how much power you running anyway.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2742
2800 rms, i have a red top front 180 amps alternator, 15.9 voltage ( i juzz remeasured juzz yesterday to make sure) at idle, and i juzz added a small hc800 kinetik battery oh 0 gauge knukoconcepts wire big 3 done under light neons and i still have dimming. i think im gonna replace my starting battery with a kinetik hc2400

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2126
yeah after you put in a bigger kinetik you should be fine. but with what you have now it doesnt seem to be enough battery.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2748
i know man but its gonna cost me a nut almost 300 the cheapest that i can find, and im trying to get two of them so will be 600 and the kinetik close to the amp as posible

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2130
look on ebay they have good prices

Gold Member

Post Number: 2755
i know its gonna be like 290 shipped

Bronze Member
Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 63
If your battery voltage is 15.9 with the car on, then you are probably going to ruin the batteries. That isnt right. Unless you are running a 16 volt system which still doesnt sound right.

Make sure the amp is not connected to the same battery as the lights, also consider a isolator or battery manager, those will charge both batteries.

Gold Member

Im pushing i... And pushing ...

Post Number: 2829
nope ur wrong, i always metered my voltage and always is 14 volts and up but never reached 16 volts, batteries are wired parralel, and its nto ruiinin my electrical plus whn i turn the car off my voltage stays at 13.5 volts and my voltage meter its on between normal and low when i turn my car and my voltage goes up my voltage meter statys to normal not high

Bronze Member
Username: James3146

Portland, OR USA

Post Number: 68
If your voltage is over roughly 15 Volts then you are going to ruin the batteries. Depending on application 13.4 to 14.8 is normal operation for the alternator to charge at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us