HELP ME!!!

I bought some car audio stuff on ebay. I bought a brand new 600 (720 max) watt Kicker amp, and a used infinity kappa perfect 10". Now, its been about 6 months and i pulled a coil or someting because it moves in and out wayyy to much and it clatters. now, i am wanting to buy a new sub, but i am worried about under-powering. the sub is 4 ohms and can handle 350 watts. now the amp is 600 but at 8 ohms, so this means i am only giving the one sub by itself 350 right? am i screwing up or is it just the used sub that went? E-mail me with comments, make the subject subwoofer or infinity or something. thanks.

dan
no seriusly guys, why can't u help me all i need is some info.???

dan
what is the problem here why can i not get any help?

Jeffrey
Was your sub single or dual voice coil? Is your amp 600 watts peak? How many channels is it? How many channels were you running it at? Bridged or not?

Louis
What model is your amp and your sub. Give me that info and I will let you know whats going down

dan again
models: kicker kx600.1, infinity kappa perfect 10.1 (10") thanks

dan again again
i gave my model...where'd you go?

meagain
hello?

If you want some half way decent boom to go with your amp... Go to best buy and you can get two subs like rockford fosgate punch's or some cerwin vegas they use very little power but still thump...plus you can get two for like 80 bucks or less...I powered 2 12" fosgates with a profile 600 watt amp and it pounded!!

Dude you can buy my 2 mtx 4000 10's, a box if you want, and 600 watt legacy amp. I'll sell you everything for $250 or we can talk about only specific things as well. Email me if you're interested. BryanD85@aol.com

me again yo
dude i have a eclipse titanium 10" and my kicker amp and i'm happy so far...but still no one can tell me what happened to my infinity sub....

Dave
since your kicker amp was rated at 600watts at 8ohms you say and your sub was ratedat 350watts and was a 4ohm it sounds to me like you had a little much power running to it, and probably seperated the cone from the voice coil, or possibly broke the spider.

Nick S.
dude just buy a new sub. i saw an infinity perfect 10" for like $100 at etronics.com. brand new. and if this one breaks... yeah, you're probably overpowering it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us