HELP!!!! Sub wont turn on when I flip it to cd!

Bronze Member
Username: Shway

Post Number: 21
Hey everybody I recently got a type R 12", and it sounds amazing with the radio. But when I flip it to cd, the amp turns off! I have a hifonics amp, link: http://sonicelectronix.com/item_4097.html Please help! MY head unit is a kenwood, model: KDC-MPV5025. Like I said works awesome with the radio, then when I flip it to cd, it turns off! Thanks in advance!

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3280
you have the remote wire hooked up to power antenna lead...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 23
Umm... Ok, well I thought that was where it is suposed to go, hey could you do me a quick favor, go to this link and at page 32 is a diagram of my head unit's wires, what wire then should I hook the remote wire to? Right now I have it connected to the Power control wire (Blue/White). Thanks a ton!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
sorry, the link is ftp://inform.kenwoodusa.com/MANUALS/KDC-X579.pdf

Silver Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 108
Link doesn't work.

Connect the amp remote wire to the remote wire on the HU, it is usually marked REM ar AMP.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 3911
the remote wire on an HU is usually blue w/ a white stripe.

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 607
AUS connect it to the pink with black stripe thats for the external amplifier according to your. kinda weird i thought all the hu remote wire was blue but i guess not for yours

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 433
"you have the remote wire hooked up to power antenna lead..."

damn dude you so called that lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Ok, I got it workin right now, thanks guys. There were two wires that are blue with white stripes, so I got a little confused. Thanks again! Now my car rattles like freakin crazy, lol.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
Hah, and now I fixed most of the rattle. The cool thing about mustangs is the back seats pop open very easy, so all I did was position the sub right behind the back seat, and pop it open when I wanna turn it up. I love being able to feel the air rush past me as the sub pounds, nothin like it. Thanks for all your guys' help!

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 946
u have the subs facin front or back?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
I have it facin the front in the trunk, right behind my back seat. Because most of the rattle comes from the trunk area, I open the back seat and the bass comes into the cab instead of the trunk so it dosn't rattle the trunk.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1516
when i first installed mine i had that same problem so someone told me to connect the blue w/ white stripe to the solid blue and switch it like that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us