I got a question for all of you smart audio guys

Username: Andrew525

Louisvile, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 2
ok, i have a 800 watt Boss Ripper ss-12 sub and i know i need a amp,capaciter, and wiring. so is there anything else i need to hook this up in my car?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4331
subtract the capacitor, and get a HO alternator instead :-)

is that 800 watts rms for the sub?

Louisvile, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 3
what is the HO alternator?
on the front of the sub box it says 800w

Bronze Member
Username: Oneracistguy

TWO EGG, FL USA

Post Number: 58
www.excessiveamperage.com take a look but for 800 watts i dout u will need one

Louisvile, Kentucky USA

Post Number: 4
this 12 inch sub is just til i get my 2 15's, what place do i goto for the cheapest prices?

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4344
well, if the sub is 800 rms, just dont get the cap, but it sounds like wit the 2 15's ur gonna need a HO alt later on for those. for your one sub now, depending on the VC's, just get a a bahn a8000v or a8002v

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Post Number: 2848
What kind of subs are you getting?

Username: Hky21

Post Number: 1
does neone know if u can hook up an amp and a 15' sub to the 06' F-150 stock radio?

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 206
Yes John Jimmy, you need an inverter to convert your rear speakers signal/wires into an RCA output. Then need to run REM(remote turn on wire) to acc spot in your vehicles fuse box so every time you start the car the amp will turn on. I would suggest just to get an aftermarket HU because of Sub outputs and other features that are way better than stock radio. But yes it is possible.

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

Post Number: 207
Is that 800 watts RMS? or PEAK?

Silver Member
Username: Cadillacdb

Houston , TX

Post Number: 964
its peak man .. you know Boss doesnt stamp the RMS power on there stuff, you have to look in the manual for RMS ratings when it comes to lower grade brands

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 833
dont need an HO alt

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 351
I'd guess that sub is probably 350-400W RMS from what I could find on the web. Like everyone else said, you don't really need the cap. You will however, obviously need a box unless it's a pre-loaded sub/box package.

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 968
i would guess lower^^^^

stock everything will handle the power demands

Silver Member

Houston , TX

Post Number: 969
stock electrical will handle that sub but get a good amp thats powerful enough to push around 400rms in that sub at what ever ohms that sub is but make sure its a amp that does more power at what ever ohms your other subs are going to be configured for just so you dont have to buy another amp later when you get the 15's you plan to buy ( if this is possible for you, just because it would be the smarter thing to do IMO )

for example:: if the sub you have now is 4 ohms SVC get a amp that does around 400rms at 4 ohms but also does around 1000rms at 1 ohm just so in the future you can get two 15's that are around 500rms and 4 ohms DVC then wire those subs together in Parallel/parallel to present the amp with a 1 ohm load thus getting the full power out of the amp without haven to buy another amp when you get the new subs
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us