Question

Bronze Member
Username: Bryan333

Post Number: 12
I recently got new speakers (polk 6x9's and pol 4x6's) and my deck has two options on it. One option is called LOUD and it basically makes the speakers louder and push out more bass than they would if it was off, and the other option is I can turn up the bass from 0-6. Should I have LOUD on and bass up all the way?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bump

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1351
no if you need more bass or midbass get subs and/or components. LOUDNESS only enhances the frequencies at like 45hz and 10hz but really can mess up the SQ and speakers if pushed too hard. Components should have more focused and clear midbass to them and a sub would add the lower bass response you are looking for.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
so neither should be on? I have subs, just not installed yet. by turning the bass up on my deck will it only effect it on my speakers?

Silver Member
Username: Dkchillin

Vermont

Post Number: 330
It depends on the deck. Some decks allow for independant control of the speakers and subs, others don't. If you've got dedicated preouts for the sub, then chances are you should be able to adjust it by itself. But regardless, you should really never turn anything up to max for standard listening. If things don't seem loud enough for you, then an amp for your speakers might be in order.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Well right now I have an old pioneer deck. I currently dont have my new speakers, or subs installed yet, and when I put either loud or turn the bass up it affects mainly the front speakers, but also affects the back slightly. It will probably affect the speakers evenb when the subs in, but ill ask the people installing them.

Username: Bballdtl

Post Number: 1
I have a Ford Explorer. Should I get Alpine type E's or Cerwin Vegas VMAX's?

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1285
The "loud" or "Loudness" button is designed for use ONLY at low volume.

It is designed to enhance the bass and highs so that the sound will ballance out at low volumes. At low volumes the midrage is by far more efficient than bass because it takes more power to create large wavelengths. Also the highs drop off faster than midrange because they are so weak and have a small wavelength. Highs need more power than midrange to reach their destiny.

So, just do not use the Loud(ness) button(s) for extra volume or as an EQ feature. I would have to say that 99.999999999 % of the people out there misuse this feature.

The sound starts to sound bad because the HU gets overloaded and/or starts to clip because it is overdriven.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us