Amp, accessories needed?

Username: Groovchampion

Post Number: 1
Hey everybody, I was wondering if I could get some advice. I recently purchased a 1971 Eldorado Convertible that I was planning on putting a more modernized stereo into. I found a place that replaces the circuit board of the indash stereo while keeping the functionality of the 8-track and installing inputs for cd changer and mp3 player. However, there are no pre-amp outputs. I would like to have a subwoofer in the trunk to aid the 4 speakers I will install in the stock location. Ultimate goal is completely stock look, but modern sound and function. What kind of amp and components do I need if there are no preamps, and only 4 output channels?(one for each speaker)

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4270
the best way to go, would be either to get a good component set of speakers ( 1 pair) and then put them up front, then having a seperate amplifier to power those comps. Then leave the speakers in the back as they are now.

as for the pre-amp problem, since ur HU doesnt have pre-amp outputs, you need to get a LOC (line-out converter) so that you cna plug the amps RCA's into the LOC.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us