Help! Subwoofer problem..

Anonymous
I recently purchased 2 kicker solobaric L5 15"s off of the internet. I bought them from what I assumed a reliable source but was probably a B stock merchandiser. There is nothing over a 90-day warranty on them.

Well I had been hearing a noise coming from one for a minute and I took it out of the box and both voice coils have been ripped from the cone and now I wonder what I should do. The other one may very well be the same way....anyone have any ideas on how to fix this or what I should do?

Why did it happen? It looks as if the sub flexed so far that it pulled away from the wires, but you'd assume that a 1200 watt kicker kx.1 amp couldn't blow 1500 watt max woofers.....anyone?!

Anonymous
anyone?

Anonymous
To the top...

Hopefully someone has an idea...

Anonymous
?

Anonymous
man if i was you i'd send them back to kicker and they'll send some new ones or repair them for ya. don't let that make you think that kicker isn't any good, but from what i hear the L5 are just a little over rated.

Anonymous
Did you read the beginning of my post?

I like Kicker, in fact I am very fond of Kicker but I made a mistake by buying from a non-Kicker retailer...

Is there anyway to fix these..?

Anonymous
to the top

Anonymous
they were prolly just blown ones that had ben glued back on

Anonymous
So I am just totally screwed then?

I am just out the money I spent on them?

Any advice?

Synder
tell the jerk that you bought them from that they are already damaged peices of shist and that he best refund your money . Tell him that it is very unlawful to have sold you subs that were already damaged and that if he doesn't refund your money you'll be forced to take him to small claims court. -- HOPEFULLY you'll frighten him enough that he'll refund your money for you atleast.

Anonymous
I would just call up kicker, tell them what is wrong, and see what they say
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us