Speaker amp settings

Bronze Member
Username: Andy_h

Post Number: 17
i currently have a kicker kx 350.4 (60rms at 4 ohms, 90rms at 2) with jl audio XR570 csi components in the front and infintiy kappa 5x7 coxials in the rear

my question is how do i set the amp correctly? there are controls for x-over frequency (20-200), gain (1 to 11), and bass bost (1 - 11) - i am aware that sub amp gains need to be set in accordance to the head unit pre out as to not get a clipping signal and that
bass bost is bad for the sub, but does the same go for speaker amps?

- also should the "default" option alpine cda985 be turned on or off?

Bronze Member
Username: Help2

Post Number: 26
alpine 985what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
alpine 9851, sorry about that - any help guys?

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 706
bass boost = crap in any situation:-)
Top shelf amps don't even have "bass boost"

I suggest you go to your local dealer and have your gains set.
Or maybe somebody can provide him a link to a page where it's broken down in details? Help him out guys.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
haha alright i understand bass bost is bad, but what is x-over frequency? (sorry if that is a dumb question) - and yes, a website for how to set the gain on a speaker amp would greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Thumping_corsica

Saginaw, miUnitd states

Post Number: 174
Cross over frquency is just an internal setting on amp that lets you control what frequencys you want going to ur speakers... EX: If you have subs youd set the low pass filter on and Put frequency knob to 80 hz.. this would let all frequencys below 80 to the sub. If you have coaxials or components maybe set it to roughly 200 hz on HIGH pass filter. (im not sure where exactly to set exact freq for yours)
here is a site for you to set amp gain..http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=164826
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us