Sony???

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 144
so whats the deal with sony I keep hearing all kinds of comments exspecially to sony. whats so bad about them? I've had a 2 channel amp from them for about 3 years now and its been in my car, my brothers truck, and now my wifes car. for all i can tell there pretty reliable and the sound clarity is far better than a lighting audio. and if your gunna leave a comment please have some depth to it no "they suck" or "sonys blow" and such.

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1783
the amp has nothing to do with sound clarity first of all. Sonys suck because they are overrated, and they arent reliable. You must have gotten a good one, becuase most of them overheat. Sonys 1200 watt amp actually can only do 500rms bridged @ 4 ohms, and it overheats about 10 minutes of playing bridged. if you dont bridge the amp, all youll get is something like 200 x 2 @ 2 ohms. lol. There amps are overrated and they are not reliable, thats why everyone hates them. Sony has never realeased a good amp.

But on the other hand, there subs are OK. EVeryone hates there subs, because it takes like 4 of them to be loud, and they dont sound very good. Plainly put, there subs have about 100 downfalls to them. I think people do underestimate them a little though, i heard 1 sony 12" (old one) yesterday sealed, and it metered around 134.5 and it was a 1cft box. i bet porting it you could get up around 137 which isnt that bad, and it wasnt too quiet...

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2564
amps-don't put out rated power. from the few i've seen they get hot quickly and shutdown.

subs-they just suck, easiest way to say it. rarely able to take rated power and sound like shi_t. named

hu-never used them cause they look horrible. haven't met anyone that uses them to be able to good or bad.

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
I actualy own a sony sub I upgraded my system to JL but I don't think they sony sub sounded bad and it was pretty loud but, the jl hits harder and louder I was absolutly amazed by the difference between the two. of course theres a huge price diffence between them like what $50 for the sony and $500 someting for the JL. but i think for a day to day person sonys are fine and they don't drain your wallet.

Bronze Member
Username: Gh0st_31

Brooksville, FL USA

Post Number: 21
Sony is cheap but there are TONS of other cheap alternatives where you get a better product/warranty/reputatation

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3502
kyle, sony is not the way to go. If you're on budget, the cheapest subs you can get and still sound decent are: infinity, aa assassins, type R, FiX, CVRs, pioneer/premier, w0-w1 and many others from the high end brands.

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
I didn't say it was the way to go. I got the sonys from my dad for my birthday once and it was fine for the moment considering all i had was a stock set up and when i pulled out the front speakers they had mold on them.

Silver Member

Post Number: 148
I like there decks though
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us