Sub rattle... .

Silver Member
Username: Fiber

Post Number: 265
Ok, this is weird and i cannot figure it out... one of my 15's makes a rattling sound when it is mounted in the box it sounds like there is a loose board rattling around so i checked inside the box for loose wood everything was tight and sealed .... so i switched the sub with the other one to see if it was the box or the sub and the other one made no noise, but when i take the noise making sub out of the box it plays perfect making no noise it seems like the tighter i get the sub in the box the more rattling it makes..

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3990
your dustcap sounds like it may be coming off, but not yet.... take a razor and try to lift the dustcap off the cones, if it moves you need to add some speaker glue to the dust cap, remove it all the way 1st, then place the glue and put the dustcap back on.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Nothing Right Now, Www.Audioque... United States

Post Number: 2728
What kind of sub is it?

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
its a Powerbase xtreme 15 i just checked the dustcap its not moving, it sounds like wood hitting together for some reason

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA

Post Number: 2445
Two 15' PowerBase Comp subs 1000/2000 watts each in a Vented box by Subzone

str8t from his profile logan

Silver Member

Post Number: 267
oh, sorry changed profile dont have same box but subs are same.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2729
What about the wire going from the terminal of the sub and going to the voice coil? Is that hitting the cone?

Silver Member

Post Number: 268
no

Gold Member

Post Number: 2730
is it a loud rattle?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7365
so you are saying the sub makes no noise when playing free air but when you put it in the box it makes noise?

the sub is damaged. if you need to replace it, logan is selling his sub for real good price.

Silver Member

Post Number: 269
well it makes no rattle at a lower volume but at about mid volume it starts to rattle it's not that loud but noticible, i either got to play it down low or way up, it tends to drown out at a higher volume lol that would be wild 2 different subs.... hahaha im not that worried about it im about to sell this car.

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
i figured something was damaged/loose just wanted to find out what exacly but im sure you would have to hear it or see it to figure it out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2731
Im selling 2 subs....I will make you one hell of a deal.lol. Thanks Chad, I like you advertising for me

Gold Member

Post Number: 2732
http://cgi.ebay.com/Audioque-15-inch-SD2-5-RE-DD-Crystal-Ascendant-Audio_W0QQite mZ290054551389QQihZ019QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 2733
Oh god, that sounded kind of g@y.

Silver Member

Post Number: 271
my amp is to much for them plus my box is build for the subs i have now that is alot of time and work
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us