Ok. Here's my budget. Here's what I want.

Gold Member
Username: Fandim

Reno, Nevada United State...

Post Number: 1418
Ok, I've decided to completely rebuild my car audio system from the ground up. I'll be keeping my HO alt, and trio of yellow top optima's, obviously, as well as running dual kolossus 0/1 gauge back to my amps..

My budget is around $1500-$1700ish. What I want to replace, is a JL Audio 13W7, a pair of MB Quart 15" subs, and two Phoenix Gold Xenon 600.1's, and a Xenon 1200.1.

I want to go SPL - but keep in mind this is for a daily driver, so it has to still be somewhat musical. This is all going to be going into a 1999 Pontiac Firebird. Thinking about probably going with a tri-sub setup, again - or maybe a quad sub setup. Three different enclosures.

Enclosure one, which will be built into the hatch area of my firebird - I can fit up to ONE 15" sub, or two 12" subs. I have about 3 cubic feet of space to work with here.

Enclosure two, will be behind the drivers seat, and here, I can fit any size sub, and have roughly 2.5 cubic feet of space. Same with enclosure three, but it will be going behind the passengers seat.

Any suggestions on amp/sub combo's? Just kicking around idea's in my head. :-)

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10427
I WANT UR 1200.1 sell it to me please!!!!

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2959
go with a 15 inch havoc...give it like 2k rms or so in a 4 cube box tuned to 35Hz

Gold Member

Post Number: 1419
There's really not a spot where I could fit a single 4cubic foot enclosure in my firebird.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7350
why don't you just go with 2 loud 15 sub setup?

Bronze Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 100
do one 12" Q

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1989
better yet get some mags from the GB in the for sale section

Gold Member

Post Number: 1420
Basically, I'm looking for something that's going to hit 150+ dB.

What kind of 15's you suggest, Chad? Was thinking about Fi's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1421
Hey Mat, what's "The GB"?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7351
2 fi btl 15s fully loaded. you can be just like me. lol. no but seriously you can hit 150+ db with two of those.

i know my numbers were only 145.1db playing a 50hz test tone but it will go up. getting it metered again tomorow. i did some stuff to my car (secret) over the week and it got louder.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7352
btw after my subs were broken in, it is very musical now. also the fact that i have a audiocontrol eqx equalizer helps too.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Nothing Right Now, Www.Audioque... United States

Post Number: 2678
What did you do to your car chad?

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7354
just some more deadening and installed a matrix line driver. by installing the line driver, i can squeeze a little more power out of my amps. also borrowed another yellow top from my friend so i can get a bit more power to my amps. by ear its a lot louder than before but who knows when i put a tl mic on it.

i will have some new numbers tomorow night.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2685
yeha ho wmuch for the 1200.1???

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3238
a memphis mojo 15, 399 delivered to your door, full manufactures warranty, it only needs 2.5 to 3 cft

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10430
lol..lilrob i already got dibs..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1993
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/291981.html

the price after 8 are sold is 350=12 and 375=15"

none the less thats a great deal because thats already 100$ off and we should definatly be able to have people buy 12 so hopefully that will take off another 50$

email lowhz01@yahoo.com for more info

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3067
mhh this is a tough one cause seth knows his sh!t
umm what would i go with probably 2 dd 3512's and 1 dd 9515 or maybe just 2 3512 + one 3515 idk lol but then to power it maybe a orion 2500d and lets say idk maybe another orion 2500d split on the 3500's up front

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3068
but seth whatever ur going with should hit 150 cause it s good car for this and u r very knowlegeble

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7356
150 with daily setup is very hard to do. even with a pair of dd's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1422
Chad, I hit a smidge over 150 in my firechicken with my two 15's, and the 13W7..

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3475
charlie, mixing sub sizes is not so good and Seth knows his stuff, A havoc will bang and the MOJO too, but i'm more on the FI side with chad, they can hold 6000w rms fully loaded. They will get loud and sound good.

You guys know all that hehe lol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1423
I'm thinking about doing something like... Keeping my JL 13W7 in the back, and putting in a pair of maybe RE MT's, if I can get the price good enough, each with an Orion 2500. I figure I might be able to squeeze out a 3.0 - 3.5 cubic foot box and port it for each MT.. Not sure what they're recomended is..

Gold Member

Post Number: 1424
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload
Upload

This was my setup before, btw.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7357
seth do you want to hit 150 burp or playing music. its easier to hit 150 burping.

one dude hit 148db playing music at a comp last week. that car was insanely loud. he had 2 re mt 15s with 2 rf t30001. also a kinetik hc2400 in the back.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1425
well, was my setup without any of the side paneling in my car, and the wires not all organized, etc.. One of the kicker amps in the pic, isnt hooked up, either. (and know that my car is FILTHY! But it's a new paint job so it still shines pretty nice even when it's dirty. Just wish the inside did, too. ;) )

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3072
"charlie, mixing sub sizes is not so good"

It can be done if you do it correctly. you need to cross your subs at diffrence points though to make it sound good, like if u had a 12 and a 15 you would want to make it so the 15 will hit the lower notes and the 12 would hit the higher notes juliob if it didnt work this way then why wouldnt you just have one size speaker in your whole entire car? It is possible to do. You just need to know how to do it and is it recommended no but guess what he's doing it right now and gues what he can do it again.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1426
It is true, that it's generally not recommended. However, the whole setup in my car would be 'not recommended' by generalities. For instance, I have subs in very different posistions - which as well, due to cancellation, isnt in general, recommended. However, in my setup, if you notice, my subs wernt facing straight up, evenly.. There is a slight tilt, which, may not be as cosmetically pleasing, know that I had spent hours, and hours, tilting the subs just right, until it sounded optimal. It's pretty amazing what a slight slant in two boxes can do, as far as effecting sound, etc..

I've never PERSONALLY experienced too much of a problem, with mixing subwoofer sizes, honestly. I'm not saying that it can't be harmful to sound quality, or even SPL - don't get me wrong. I'm just saying I've never actually experienced a problem with it. :-) And know that with a JL 13W7 slot ported, and the two MB Quart 15" subs in a sealed box - the SQ in my setup is absolutely amazing. Probably more impressive even than the SPL, IMO.

But, back on topic.. What's FI's homepage? And what are the costs of their subs like?

Here's what I'm thinking in my head, so far.. Two 12's in a sealed box, using the back hatch area, then, two 15's (maybe even 18's?) each in their own ported box, behind the driver/passenger seats..

Has anyone heard anything about 'massive audio' amplifiers? They're CEA rated..and 3,000 RMS for $550.. ( http://www.hifisoundconnection.com/Shop/Control/Product/fp/vpid/2666862/vpcsid/0 /SFV/30046 )

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3077
www.ficaraudio.com i believe lol just a guess

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9949
Brand: Massive Audio
Weight: 24 lbs.
Condition: New
RMS Power Output: 3000w RMS @ 2 Ohm
Peak Power Output: 6000 watts
Frequency Response: Hz - 180 Hz
Input Sensitivity: 120mVrms ~ 5.0 Vrms
Ohm Load Stability: 2 ohm
Low Level Input: No
Built in Cooling Fan: No
Bass Control Knob: No
Dimensions: 8.70" x 2.6" x 38"

now thats a long amp .....

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3991
hey seth wsup, long time...

so u got the bug again. email me for some prices on the MM4000.1.... 1 of those will get you up there to 150 easy.. but u might want 2, all depends on how crazy u tryin to do it.. :-)

could you fit 4 15s? I know the TSX 15s only require like 2.2 cubes.. 4 of those on a MM4krms will complete your setup and goal! and they are cheap... I can get good prices on the Treos also, just email me!

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

TREO, USA

Post Number: 2447
or a treo 15" ssx thiers sum on sale on ebay

Silver Member
Username: Cashby

Post Number: 103
hey seth wat size are those rims ?? and ur tires?? and i was wondering wat those are called?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9962
i say just wall ur car & put 4 15s maybe some Fi Qs 4 some good SQL ......
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us