Need help choosing amp

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 80
if i bought 2 FI Qs that are dual 2 ohm, i was wondering wat is a good amp to hook them up too they are each 1000 watts RMS, i would like to go with a one amp setup as well, preferably under 450 or so for the amp. also if i have 2 DVC subs at 2 ohms each ( four 2 ohm voice coils altogether) then how would i wire them and at what ohm load would a one amp setup work?

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 70
If you have another $50, go for the JL 1000/1......Top quality, and will last for years. You will be able to wire both of your subs to it with no problem.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1981
you can wire to 2ohm or .5

i dont know what Q^^is talking about that jl amp would be a bad choice. not near enough power.

maybe get an orion 2500d and wire to .5ohm or get a sundown1500d and wire to .5ohm

no matter what your going to need a good charging system

Bronze Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 81
so if i can wire quad 2 ohm coils at .5 or 2 ohms, then i can wire quad 1 ohm coils at 1 ohm or .25 ohms correct?

Bronze Member
Username: Qbenjamin

Florida

Post Number: 75
Come on mat, you know that 1000/1 is seriously underrated, and your also right, I would choose the JL for SQ and the Orion for SPL, my badd.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1984

quote:

Come on mat, you know that 1000/1 is seriously underrated, and your also right, I would choose the JL for SQ and the Orion for SPL, my badd.

youve got to be jokeing. that JL is not underrated or over rated but rated acuratly. by no means is it seriously underrated. and he siad he has 2 D2 subs and you cant run the 1000/1 at .5ohm only 1.5

you will not be able to tell anydifference in the SQ by useing the JL and orion. the orion will just give those subs more power then the jl which they need

and troy if you get 2 dual 1 FiQs then yes you can wire to 1ohm.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1746
if you decide to get the DVC 1 ohm coils to wire the pair for a 1 ohm load i have an amp for sale.. $350 .. heres a link https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/292446.html

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3468
and then quentin says i don't know about car audio. C'mon man, the jl 1000/1 is 1000-1200w rms, how is this going to push two 1000w rms subs to full capacity?????? use logic...

seriously, for a cheap amp putting 2000w rms at 0.5 ohms, lanzar optidrive 2000d can put that at 0.5 ohms for 330 shipped and 1 year warranty. Nobody likes it but the power is there and the quality is still decent.

Other choice would be to strap two 1200w rms amp at 1 ohm or run them normally.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us