Problem with my system help anybody

Silver Member
Username: Cplaya280

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 341
I just replaced my 1 blown kicker l7 with a brand new one and it was working great for like 1 day. then outta nowhere the amp just keeps cutting out whenver the bass hits. Even at extremley low volume i can have the music as low as possible and turn the bass on a tab but as soon as the bass hits the amp shuts off again. the red protection light comes on whenver teh bass hits. I checked all the wiring so I know its not that. I know the thing was i was playing my blown sub for like 3 weeks because I didnt have a sub to replace it at the time becuz i have 2 12" l7s so i was wondering by playing my system with one blow sub can that mess up the amp at all. any suggestions. i checked all wiring in the box and out of the box idk what the next step I should do.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 342
I even turned the gain down to and it still does it so yes when the bass hits the red light comes on right away and then turns green again and as soon as another bass note hits it does it again, even if the volume is at very very very low and i turn the bass on a little bit it still does it. so u think by playing the amp with one bad sub wouldnt harm the amp cuz i know when i played it for a while I could deff smell the blown sub throughout my car it was nasty. I didnt change nothing in my setup either thats why this is wierd to me. I mean i did like move my amp around a lot and like flip it upside and stuff like that so i could take my big box out of my trunk like 3 times to recheck all the wiring and to change the blown sub.

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1483
did u have ur gain set with a dmm or did u just have it turned just to whateva u wanted?

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1484
and if ur running to much power for ur elecrical to keep up with if u have stock alt and bat. that might be the prolbelm too.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7334
you sure you have the ohm set correct on the sub?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 345
yea but this never happend to me before all i did was change my subwoofer. I was playing a blown sub for like 3 weeks tho until i got my new one becuz i have 2 12" l7's. Yes i do know i need a new alternator to. Does this problem seem like a amp problem at all or no?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 346
bump

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1070
what ohm load did you wire your subs to your amp? was your system working fine before? did you change anything between the time it was working find to when your subwoofer blew? Do you play your system with your car off? Has your battery ever died? What type of amp do you have and how many watts are you running?

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 347
i have not changed the wiring setup i kept it teh same all i did was change teh blow sub and put a new one in its place and wired it back up how the other one was. And yes I did actully have a battery that died on me like 2 weeks ago so i got a new one replaced. but my system was working great then just outta nowhere i was driving and it just kept shutting off everytime the bass hit. My lights do dim a lot tho but they dimmed b4 to and it worked fine. I also did notice that as i drive i hear like a buzzing sound or a airplane type sound either coming from my front tires or under the hood i cant tell cuz it only does it when the car moves. But that still didnt stop the system from playing but yea it just stopped working.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 348
My amp is a Kicker ZX1500.1 so im actully puttin out like 1769 watts to my subwoofers. And i am using a stock alternator and a regular Die Hard battery from kmart, but i never had problems before until just a cpl days ago when it just kept shutting off everytime the bass hit a note

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1195
Will someone please get GW, Isaac, Johnathan, Mikechec9, Chaunceymus, James L, or Muddy to straighten this kid up. :-)

Man you're killing your charging system. :-(

You need a HO alt, and possibly proper sized wires and/or fuses too. You may have ruined your amp instaead of your sub. Have your amp checked out by a professional licensed authorized dealer for Kicker in your town.

Even though you may have heard your sub sounding bad, your amp may be ruined instead. Thats why you re having problems again. It may have taken its beating during the initial period, and probably ruined your sub as well, but now it is probably had enough. When it is going in to protection mode, it is trying to tell you something.

Like mentioned above by Chad and James, you may have it wired up wrong, and/or it cannot handle the load you are giving it.

Please have your charging system looked at too. It is more important than the amp. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1196
And definitely set the gains right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1078
that whining noise is coming from your alternator. I can't tell if the noise is a result of a alternator dying since I don't have much experience. You can also get that noise if your ground isn't as good. Also running that much power with a stock alt/battery you definitely need a better alternator and battery. Well umm, I hoped that helped some. But from what I heard, a bad alternator can cause problems. Hopefully someone can clear up some more stuff later today.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1079
Oh yeah, I don't know if you said your subs were dual 2ohms or 4ohms but you said your amp was a zx1500.1 which can only be runned at 2OHMS! the kx1500.1 can be runned at 1ohm. Please clear this up and tell us what vc configuration your subwoofers have. This can clear up some other things also.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 349
yes my subs are ran at 2 ohms i got help on here before on how to wire my subs I think from muddy and it worked fine but eversince i was playing my system with 1 blown sub and then replaced it i been having problems. The thing i dont understand is that even at really erally really low volume on my music i try to turn the bass on with my bass knob and it still shuts off no matter how low my music is. I'm starting to think maybe the amp is shot to but idk who I could take it to, to get checked out all i have around here is like a best buy and circuit city

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 351
bump

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 352
any other help or opionons

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 3476
bernymac the KX 1500 doesn't exists, the kx 1200.1 is the model you claim right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1081
yeah my bad lmao. don't bother correcting me!!!!! HELP HIM! Although the only thing I can tell him now is for him to check his amp. That is all.

Gold Member
Username: Tjmutlow

Post Number: 3242
what amp model number do you have and what voice coild config subs are those.

Silver Member

Quakertown, PA USA

Post Number: 353
I got the ZX1500.1 amp and the subs are Dual 2 Ohms, So I have 2 12" Dual 2 ohms and im running a 2ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us