My boss bribed me to go single sub setup :-)

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chi Town

Post Number: 114
So i was talking to my boss about the system i plan on putting in my car and since my job involves a lot of merchandise transportation by way of my massive trunk/back seat space, he said he'd buy me new tires if i got a single sub instead of two. With snow on its way I NEED some nice new tires.

I was looking at maybe a 15" Fi SSD...is the SSD an sq, spl, or sql sub???

Gonna match w/e sub i get with a kicker zx750. And i think my CVPI has a 120amp alternator...will that be okay? cuz i dont wanna upgrade it.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 910
id say sql. i got one but havent hooked it up yet. the kicker shuold do good on it and the alt shold be ok. ima be runnin about 1000rms off my stock 105 alt. hoping it works out

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 115
i may have been wrong on the alternator...i don't know much about alternators but i found a website saying the 2000 crown vic police interceptor had a 120 amp alt...now i found another site saying it has a 200 amp alt. so i dunno what to believe...

other good single 15" subs guys in that price range??? I'm open to suggestions.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8933
Soundsplinter Rl-p.
Crystal Comp
Si BM
SSD(with flatwind)for more power handling
or Copper coils(for more Sq...)

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1971
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/for-sale/291972.html

iv got a dd3512c for sale i can do liek 200+ship or something like that let me know.

put it in like 2cubes at 35hz on that zx750.1 and it will be plenty loud

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1297
get one sub, Get new tires then get another sub. Simply.

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 117
Muddy i know you're Bawlin man...tell me bout those subs...which ones are more sq, which are more spl?? which is your fav??

Gold Member

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8948
Soundsplinter Rl-p. - more on the SQ side.
Crystal Comp - same
Si BM - ported sub, gets loud i am told on 600wRMS, has similar SQ as the Mag, so both. :-)
SSD - SPL for the most part, but i have heard they are clean, and with the Copper coil, the SQ gets even better.

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 118
Funny marc but you realize he is my boss right? He offered to buy me tires based on the agreement that i get only one sub to save trunk space. If i just went to 2 subs after he bought the tires...he'd probly be like "wow you're a di<k, good luck finding a new job" - And i'll be spending the same amount of money on 1 sub as i would on 2 so ill just have a higher level sub...probly better sq and more durable anyway which is cool with me.

Oh and muddy i'm just wondering...Do you fly high? no lie? you know this? BAWLIN!!!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1973
go for a mag then get in on the GB price

Gold Member

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8949
i got money in da bank, shorty watcha drank?

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 119
O KAY KAY KAYYYYYY, get the remix with young buck if you don't already have it.

"i was raised in the projects, projects, i was raised in the projects, projects..."
Project Pat - Raised in the projects

Probly already have that one too since we seem to have similar taste.

Bump mud.

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 120
Hmmm it's been brought to my attention that for only 50 bucks more i could get a 12" Fi Q instead of the 15" SSD...how would that be different??
Would the zx750 not be adequate for the Q ??
Would the stock Alt. be adequate for the Q ??

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 2097
In that vehicle I would go with a single SQL 18", 15's are niceut that cargo area is huge and you need to fill it, lol. You should be able to get away with a KX/ZX series on the kicker at over 1000rms maybe with an extra battery, should sound nice. If you are more on the SQ then go sealed at around 5 CF stuffed with poly, should sound sweet but the key here is 18"... Polo.. :-)

Gold Member

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8955
nope don't have that one, gonna get it though:-)

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1481
You dont know by 50cent, eminem, Lloyd banks, and cashis is a good song

Silver Member

Chi Town

Post Number: 121
50cent is such a garbage rapper...his albums are bumpable cuz he's got good producers behind him making some of the best beats out there...can't stand his raps tho.

Downloaded the song...eminems verse is tight.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1072
"i was raised in the projects, projects, i was raised in the projects, projects..."
Project Pat - Raised in the projects

Good song bc I was raised up in the projects lmao. Actually was only raised up in the projects for like 8 years of my life. Also got jumped at the age of 6...yeah...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2513
wow bet that sucked, i got beat up when i was 7 by 2 HS kids.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1073
yeah it did. I can't recall how much it hurt. All I know is that a group of kids jumped me, someone came outside from their house and stopped them, I ran home and from then all I can remember was that there was a big puddle of blood on the floor. It was the size of 2ftx2ft of blood. Then there was a restriction on the people who jumped me that they couldn't come 100ft near me and stuff. Then we moved out since then. There wasn't even a reason for them to jump me, they just ran towards me and bam I got jumped.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9934
get urself a single treo TSX - B on the forum here used 2 give his 2500wrms so dont worry about ur "wimpy" 750wrms killing it - lol .........
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us