Need bass Im a basshead

Username: Big_reazon

Post Number: 1
lol. Now hear is what I have its at 1986 monte carlo ls. I got my mids and highs extremely loud to prep up for this point. Now I can afford to get some bass. I had 4 w6 12s in my car powered up by two huge pheonix gold amps. That system beat hard to have been done in 1998. But now its 2006 I've heard some systems that would put my old system to sleep. Two 13w7s put my system away. Now I need something that will blow that rear window out but at low levels will sound good/ decent. I dont want subs that need 6000 watts a piece. I want the subs to be 12s. I thinks I got about 9 to 10 cubic feet for 4 subs. All seperate boxes fit my car correctly. I looked at some stereo integrity mags are the some heart pounding subs? I want that bass that hurts. By budget on subs is about 2 grand just subs. What should I get if I want that super hard hitting bass. I need each sub to hit harder than a w7. And cant require more than 2.5 subic feet. Could even do leess subs. I just want something that breaks backs.
[IMG]http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k53/Bigreazon/Picture46010.jpg[/IMG]
This is what I wnat to beat this and 4 13w7 is that possible in my space confinement. Whts is the max amount of bass I can gett with that kind of area and sound good at lower levels.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2946
get 4 fully loaded BTL 12's
give em at least 2k watts a piece...but considering the price for subs, amps, and elec upgrades to run that beast, its almost unreal. plus it wont fit in a monte carlo

now...u might be able to fit 2 btl 12's and fiberglass the back to get as much cubic feet as you can then give em 1500-2000 watts each and buy urself a HO alt, then you will be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7327
my 2 btl 15s fully loaded put 2 12w7s to sleep and then some.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1008
http://www.reaudio.com/specs.html#sp_xxx

you could try some of them

Gold Member

Post Number: 1009
some DD's would sute you good

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 535
You'd be better off with 2 15's. It would save you money and give them plenty of space. ^^^DD does sound like a good choice. 2 9515's with around 2500wrms each would devastate...

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 536
http://cgi.ebay.com/DIGITAL-DESIGNS-9918-MONSTER-SUBWOOFER-DD-AUDIO-SUB-18_W0QQi temZ260054579814QQihZ016QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

or just get this and make everybody in the forum jealous and have no competition whatsoever in SPL

Gold Member

Post Number: 1015
i was lookin at the exact sub when i suggested DD. that things a monster

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 488
Well, you're talking about beating out probably 4000+ RMS by getting louder than the 4 W7s and Solobarics, so it may take 6000 watts to accomplish your goal. Anyways, fromt he looks of thing it seems as if you dont have any money limitations. You could look into a couple Treo SSX or a couple RE MX's too. The MX 15s are good in 2 cubic feet, so they would be ideal for what your looking for. Get a couple of those with 2000-2500 watts each.

Thats if you want to go the expensive route. If not, then go with the DD 18. That's a BADASS sub! I'm shaking thinking about it.

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9932
damn that DD9918 is a killer !

u will need a killer amp/s to power that baby up ......

Gold Member
Username: Troy81

Tavernier, Fl Us

Post Number: 1377
4 ssx 12s, 4 dd9912's

Silver Member
Username: Teamdeboy1971

OPTIDRIVE LN., TN Major Bass P...

Post Number: 236
Oh man, have I got an encloser 4-u!!!! I have an encloser that was made for a new Impala! The guy bolted in his 4-12inch square SoloX's and didn't like the subs, so I ended up with this Brand new just built Nice sub box!! I will put some pics of it on here the day after Turkey day!! I believe if you wanted to go with square subs, you box is done! The guy that built it at Extreme Car Audio in Knoxville, Tn. told me that it wouldn't be hardly any trouble to modify from square to round!! So look at the pics when I post them, they have a good name in box building, thier ports are unique!!! a must see!! People can get a hold of me faster at aprillongmire@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

Wisconsin

Post Number: 1486
Go with a couple of Jugs!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2681
get 2 apxx 18 inch and get four 5.1 atomic amps get dual 300+alternator dual brackets and 4 runs of 0 gauge kolosus cable 2 for- and 2 for+

Gold Member

Post Number: 2682
oh u want 12's?? get 2 12's apxx

Gold Member

Post Number: 2683
if u want get 4 apxx but it will be too much for ya and too much for the jl's w7

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 845
2 9912's or 2 9512's man if you could power them they would do some damage!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 8970
install install install

if 2 13W7's put your 4 W6's to sleep. you had a bad install. 4 12's should be louder than 2 15's all day.......

i say yoou get 2 Audioque 15" HD3's and 2 massive audio P3000.1's(or any amps in the 3000wRMS likeness) and be done.:-)

HO alt. several runs of 1/0 gauge wire. Battery bank.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 693
Muddy is right about the 4 W6's. Cone area rulzz. If you powered them right and installed them right there is now way that two W7's would be louder:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us