Diamond Audio 8" Power handling

Bronze Member
Username: Adelphia83

Colorado Springs, CO USA

Post Number: 74
This question was raised vaguely before in another one of my threads, but I didn't get a definitive answer on how I should wire two 8" 4ohm DVC Diamond Audio subs (the older M series) to my Audiobahn A8002T amp.

I wired the subs in series creating an 8 ohm load each. My options are either 4 ohm mono or 8 ohm stereo. The amp is rated at (take this with a grain of salt) 800x1 @ 4ohm mono, though I'm not sure I believe it's that high.

On the other hand, doing the math with Audiobahn's specs (1/2 wattage for each 2x resistance) 8 ohm stereo should be 100w RMS per channel.

I currently have it wired @ 8 ohm stereo and to be honest I'm pleasantly surprised with the output of these two small subs. They each have 0.5cf per chamber sealed, in a truck box, behind the rear seat of a Nissan Frontier crew cab.

Do you think I would damage these subs by running them @ 4 ohm mono? Is it possible to turn the gain down to compensate for the increase in power?

I believe DA rates these subs at 125w RMS each.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2505
just try it and find out if the subs will handle it, if you hear the subs bottoming out then its too much power.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

LaGrange, NC US oF A

Post Number: 230
yea u should try it and just have the gain turned all the way down then turn it up moderatly until it starts to bottom out.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us